Best Breadmaker loaf yet!

Page 1 / 2
murdoc4, May 2, 9:18pm
In our house anyway!Use the following recipe for a fluffy, well risen loaf (2lb option).

400mls warm water2tbsp milk powder
2 1/2 tbsps raw sugar2 tsp salt
2 tbsp olive oil (any will do)580g white flour
2 heaped tsp breadmachine branded yeast (baking section in brown lid container)1/4c linseed seeds
1/2c sunflower seeds2tsp mixed herbs

Going from left to right on the ingredient list, place into machines loaf tin and my loaf process takes 3hrs 10 mins in total.Ours tastes just like the molenburg loaf!
IMPORTANT to use correct yeast as our loaves are significantly smaller when using the common Edmonds brand.I use the 'Tasti' brand from our countdown store.

korbo, May 2, 9:26pm
when did you put the seeds in, before or after the beep. sounds good.

murdoc4, May 2, 9:33pm
I added everything in at the start - please try!I have the George Foreman Machine and use his herb bread recipe adding the seeds in as extra. The setting is classed as WHITE LOAF if that helps with your breadmaker.

onekiwigirl, May 8, 7:51am
Any chance of you posting a photo on tradme next time you make a loaf.Thanks, cheers

kinna54, May 8, 11:52am
Well done Murdoc. I will try your recipe in my Breville. Agree about the yeast, and the Tasti seems to keep longer too.(I couldn't get it last time, had to buy the Edmonds red cap) and I notice as the yeast nears it's use by date (although my current stock doesn't expire till july) that the bread is often a bit heavier.

murdoc4, May 8, 8:26pm
How and where do I attach a picture??Not familiar setting one up on the community board : )
Also my husband just tried yesterday to get the same fluffy loaf and tried to be cheap and used liquid milk instead of the powdered milk...his was at least 2inches shorter than mine that always hit the roof of the machine - I always use milk powder for this one.

jonnynotions, Aug 9, 7:37am
I got a breadmaker three days ago, my first 3 tries (not this recipe) didn't work, tried this one and it is brilliant, I was so happy, it looked great and was really delicious, thanks so much. Where is the recipe from! If it's from a recipe book I want to buy it!

korbo, Aug 9, 8:49am
going to try your recipe, but am wondering about the sugar. My recipe(which is pretty good) only has 2 teaspn of sugar, as i am diabetic, i am reluctant to use 2.1/2 tblespns. that is a lot of sugar. does anyone know if i reduced it, would it be ok.thanks

glenj, Aug 9, 8:28pm
Store yeast container in fridge

pickles7, Aug 9, 11:36pm
7 Seeded bread

for bread maker
I put into the bread maker
3 cups of flour
1 cup of, seven seed grain mix [pak n save]
2 Tbsp milk powder
1&1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp sugar
2 Tbsp soft butter
1 tsp bread improver
3 tsp dried sure to rise yeast
350 mils of warm water.

Set the bread maker to 5 hour loaf, whole seed bread.

I have found it could be, all yeasts we are buying these days, to be of poor quality.
OR
Is it the flour.

lindylambchops1, Aug 10, 3:41am
Yum have copied, paste & printed!Already have one cooking so will make this one tomorrow.Thanks for sharing!

melford, Aug 10, 5:35am
what brand of breadmaker is it!

korbo, Aug 10, 9:13am
lindychops, please let us know how it turned out. I am still interested in the quantity of sugar.did you use 2 1/2 tablespoons !

wron, Aug 10, 11:05am
PIckles and murdoc - what brand of machine do you have!
I'd guess, not a Panasonic as they always say to add the yeast, then flours.

lindylambchops1, Aug 10, 11:29pm
Have just put the bread on I used 2 tsps of sugar & 3 tsps of yeast as these are the quantities I would normally use.Will report back later when it is done & must remove paddle before it bakes as suggested by another poster on another thread regarding paddle always getting stuck in bread.

korbo, Aug 11, 3:42am
lindy.how on earth do you remove the paddle before loaf is cooked !
You have me curious.

wron, Aug 11, 4:35am
Pickles - 7 seed grain mix! Is this in the bulk department! I was looking in the normal flour department this morning and noticed a whole grain pack for breads, Edmonds I think, a bit over $10.

lindylambchops1, Aug 12, 10:06am
I can report that the bread was delicious!I will make this again for sure!Thank you murdoc4 for sharing the recipe.

Happy Bread Making!

bisel, Aug 13, 8:55am
Thank you murdoc4 for sharing your recipe and also for the tip about the Tasti Breadmaker Yeast.We have had a Breville breadmaker for a good few years now and this is the nicest loaf ever to come out of it.

wron, Aug 13, 11:48am
murdoc4, what size loaf do you set your machine for with the above recipe!- mine has 3 options.
Anyone been to this cafe - apparently they provided themixes Consumer Mag used to test bread machines. Click on bread. http://www.benedictscafe.co.nz/

bisel, Aug 13, 9:29pm
Wron, I used the 1.5kg setting on our Breville, basic white,medium crust,and it worked very well.I also used the timer to set it 10 hours in advance, including the 3hr 10min cooking time. Using Tasti breadmaker yeast instead of Edmonds also made a huge difference.
Hope this helps.

pickles7, Aug 13, 10:04pm
Yes, bulk bins.

pickles7, Aug 13, 10:33pm
I used to pre weigh out cake batters as well, right up to the wet ingredients.
I find weighing out, and measuring to be some what messy.
I have 6 reseal plastic bags I put;
xxxxxxx
3 cups of flour
1 cup of, seven seed grain mix [pak n save]
2 Tbsp milk powder
1&1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp bread improver
3 tsp dried sure to rise yeast
xxxxxxx
I shake this to disperse the ingredients, and to stop some from clumping.
When I want to make a loaf of bread I just dump in the dry, add,
xxxxxxx
2 Tbsp soft butter
350 mils of warm water.
xxxxxxx
Set the bread maker to whole seeded bread.
I sometimes need to add 1 or 2 Tbsp extra water.

murdoc4. I do think there is a bit much sugar, and wonder why, the mixed herbs. Is the recipe written out correctly!
I know if you don't see a mistake early enough you loose the opportunity.
I have done that myself, before we could "edit", the recipe is no longer on trade me, but word for word someone put it in three other sites now. lol.It surly reflects on them, for not trying it.

lindylambchops1, Aug 13, 10:57pm
Mine is a Panasonic SD253.it is awesome!

pickles7, Aug 13, 11:07pm
I think mine is the older model,.lindylambchops1.
it won't die. The paddle was stuck for years, then I took the paddle out of my Daughters one so the bread only had a tiny hole in the bottom as she was loosing a huge bit of bread. It worked out so well, I now do that with mine. You just have to work out the time to do it, just after the last kneading. I tip the dough out remove the paddle, wash the pan, oil the pan and replace the dough. Well worth the effort.