Advice please mascarpone and cream cheese??

sammyzmumma, May 2, 2:49am
i am making a carrot cake for my partners birthday tomorrow and i have both mascarpone and cream cheese i have used cream cheese before but have heard mascarpone is better and i have never used mascarpone before.
what would you use?

sammyzmumma, May 2, 3:17am
.....bump.........

beautifulflower, May 2, 3:23am
i love using mascarpone and it is nicer on carrot cake, throuih it is expensive that is why i use cream cheese ...

sammyzmumma, May 2, 3:50am
i have brought some and was about the same price as the cream cheese would you use the same recipe butter and lemon rind ??

beautifulflower, May 2, 4:37am
yes i would...sorry for the late reply....

suzannelg, May 2, 5:24am
Another variation with the Mascarpone is

1 200g Pouch Mascarpone (I usually use Tatua or Collective)
Zest of 1 Orange
3-4T Icing sugar
Mix together and ice cake as usual, refrigerate until serving.

This is something I made for the first time last week, and which was well liked by everyone in my lifegroup.

sammyzmumma, May 2, 5:42am
thanks i wasnt sure on the sugar side as cream cheese uses alot of icing sugar and i know mascarpone is alot sweeter thanks so much

sammyzmumma, May 3, 2:49am
i am making a carrot cake for my partners birthday tomorrow and i have both mascarpone and cream cheese i have used cream cheese before but have heard mascarpone is better and i have never used mascarpone before.
what would you use!

sammyzmumma, May 3, 3:17am
.bump.

beautifulflower, May 3, 3:23am
i love using mascarpone and it is nicer on carrot cake, throuih it is expensive that is why i use cream cheese .

sammyzmumma, May 3, 3:50am
i have brought some and was about the same price as the cream cheese would you use the same recipe butter and lemon rind !

beautifulflower, May 3, 4:37am
yes i would.sorry for the late reply.