School Lunch Ideas

jazzy12345, Apr 30, 11:33pm
Does any one have some good school lunch ideas maybe even some recipes for home baking to put in lunches

kinna54, May 1, 12:53am
easy uncooked slice, keeps well in fridge
Chocolate Cream Squares. (*The biscuit cake*)

Ingredients:

250gwine biscuits
1/2 cup cornflakes
1/2 cup sultanas
125g butter
3-4 TBSPS condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla essence

Method:

Crush wine biscuits and cornflakes finely.
To this add the sultanas .
Melt together butter, vanilla essence and condensed milk.

Add this to the dry mixture and blend together well.

Press into a swiss roll tin.

Ice with chocolate icing. Sprinkle withcoconut or chopped nuts.

kinna54, May 1, 1:00am
noodles in thermos, fruit slices with dipping yoghurt, you can make your own dips and crackers, cheese slices wrapped inside a piece of luncheon, roll it up with a toothpick gladwrap and twist the ends of the gladwrap to keep fresh, mini bread cases. edmonds vanilla biccies *posted in several threads,*chinese chews, chicken nibbles

kinna54, May 1, 10:46am
what ages; for older kids maybe some pasta salad or potato salad in a small container, pita pockets,or wraps, younger kids try mini club sandwiches, for my granddies kindy lunches I fill the little dinner size rolls, as a big bun is too much for her, she takes a bite and just leaves the rest. Pikelets are good, and freeze well. fruit skewers; I also pack up fruit pieces and a bit of yoghurt dip (just in a little container, a whole yoghurt is often too much as well); coat the fruit in lemon juice to stop it going brown and pop in an easi seal bag. Crispybaked noodles are good to chomp on. sometimes a wee bit of scroggin but that can be expensive. If I make a bacon & egg pie or potato frittata I put thin slices of that in lunches. Sometimes you can also make your own fruit and jelly moulds.Hope this helps.

chooky, May 1, 11:28am
Yesterday I made crustless quiche recipe and made them in the texas muffin trays. Chocolate caramel muffins and also morning glory muffins. Wrapped each and everyone one of them in glad wrap.and into freezer. Tonight. got my sons and husband lunch ready, quiche each, muffin each and some fruit and other bits and pieces. I have alos made bacon ansd egg pies in the texas muffin tins. I buy lots of nuts, apricots, dates etc and give them a bag of mixed bits and pieces. Also make up some popcorn, give a bag each. my daughter also likes carrot sticks .Hope this helps.

evorotorua, May 1, 6:11pm
I would love all these lunches too!!!! However, My kids are just at the tail end of their school days and generally have had sandwiches everyday for the last 16 years for their lunch. Plain, with tomato, lettuce, cheese, ham. What ever is on hand. Every morning they made their own. Sometimes just vegemite. For the last 5 years my son (now 17) has taken three homemade pizza scrolls, every day. Very uninspiring but it works. Keep it simple and a bit healthy where possible.

obsidianwings, May 1, 6:44pm
My five year olds favourites are pita breads with deli meat and salads in, pasta salad, usually with a hardboiled egg in it, and of course the classic sandwich.
She takes a piece of fruit every day, and quite often a muffin. Sometimes I will put a muesli bar or something in as a treat.

obsidianwings, May 1, 6:45pm
Also sometimes just leftovers that are ok cold, like frittata.

evorotorua, May 2, 6:11pm
I would love all these lunches too! However, My kids are just at the tail end of their school days and generally have had sandwiches everyday for the last 16 years for their lunch. Plain, with tomato, lettuce, cheese, ham. What ever is on hand. Every morning they made their own. Sometimes just vegemite. For the last 5 years my son (now 17) has taken three homemade pizza scrolls, every day. Very uninspiring but it works. Keep it simple and a bit healthy where possible.