Anyone made Tomato Sauce in the Crockpot?

bopeep80, Mar 13, 8:20pm
My crockpot is my largest pot, so instead of using my next down largest pot I was wondering if anyone had used theirs to make tomato sauce, and with what results.

kiwigoldie, Feb 16, 4:27am
i have a recipe out of the nz gardner tomato book that is making tomato sauce in the crockpot...cook for about -6-8 hours

dalbyj, Feb 16, 7:45am
I made plum sauce in the crockpot, it was great, but I did have to finish it off on the stove.

kinna54, Feb 17, 1:35am
Not in the crockpot, but have heard of it being done in the breadmaker, on jam setting. reckon it's worth a shot though as the crockpot would hold the flavours in. beware of cayenne pepper quantity, as itflavour intensifies with standing.
good luck.

angie461, Feb 17, 1:50am
I always do mine in the crockpot, its so much easier,.

fifie, Feb 17, 3:05am
Angie do you put it through a moulie when its finished cooking? I make a lot of my pasta & spaghetti bol sauce,in C/P but never tried the vinegar version.

angie461, Feb 17, 6:27am
I blitz it in a processor. Then put it back in the crockpot leave for about 1/2 hour then bottle from there.

fifie, Feb 17, 9:38am
Thanks, will give it a go..

bopeep80, Mar 14, 8:20pm
My crockpot is my largest pot, so instead of using my next down largest pot I was wondering if anyone had used theirs to make tomato sauce, and with what results.