whats your weightloss secrets?

96subbie, Mar 13, 8:22am
since baby #2 i cant seem to move from 75kg my pre preg weight was 69-70kg. I train with a PT 2 x weekly and go to the gym about 4-5wk. I eat ok (could be better) and i have a sweet tooth. I really want to get back to 70kg or under but i dont have any imagination when it comes to recipes and cooking nice tasty HEALTHY meals. any ideas etc... .

alebix, Mar 13, 8:39am
I wish I had a good answer for you, but im having the same problem except my baby is now 6.

I did try some tablets from the chemist which helped curb the sweet tooth, and they worked, they are called Chromium picolinate 400.
The brand name is Nutralife.

amazing_grace, Mar 13, 9:22am
My tip is, "eat off a side plate"... for me its portion control. That way you can eat anything you like, but only very small amounts of it! Its a great way to cut back.

lythande1, Mar 13, 9:05pm
Eat less.
Hard to believe people don't realise that's all it is.
And eliminate everything containing sugar.

andrea1978, Mar 13, 9:08pm
less sugar, less fat, less carbs, eat smaller portions but increase fruit & vegetables, try to avoid "white" (bread, baking, pasta etc) and eat wholefoods as much as possible - you don't need all the crap they put into everything these days ;)

mikeandange, Mar 13, 9:59pm
I had the same problem, so I went out and bought a small dinner plate. Psychologists believe it is all about the plate and a visual thing. If you see a half empty plate it is not fulfilling but if you see a full plate and eat it all you feel content. Worked for me. Good luck.

luckyduck, Mar 13, 10:05pm
Eat lean protein and vegetables, reduce your carb intake and drink plenty of water.

pegasus07, Mar 13, 10:08pm
rowing mechine, no take aways it works

bedazzledjewels, Mar 13, 10:09pm
Post what you eat in a typical day please.

pegasus07, Mar 13, 10:09pm
who?

bedazzledjewels, Mar 13, 10:11pm
Poster #1 who is asking for help.

pegasus07, Mar 13, 10:14pm
its not about wat you eat, its burning off the same amount of cals you put into ur mouth

bedazzledjewels, Mar 13, 10:18pm
Oh, okay - so I can eat as many snickers bars as fit the number of calories I should eat to lose weight?

jocat, Mar 13, 10:39pm
Yes probably but be very malnourished!

96subbie, Mar 14, 3:00am
ok bedazzledjewles breakfast would either be 3 weetbix with trim milk and about 1tsp sugar, OR a plate of justright with trim milk no sugar and a coffee. morning tea would be 1 pear and about 5-8 small rice crackers, lunch a chicken rice ball or ham sandwich on white bread and marg, arvo snack is maybe a ww muesli bar and apple and tea is usually pork/chicken/mince or sausages with mashed potato/peas/corn and gravy (thats a good day) on a bad day it would be toast x 4 for brekkie with peanut butter and marg and coffee, maybe a muffinbreak muffin for morning tea, or roasted/salted nuts and muesli bar lunch is riceball or if at home savouries x 4 or nothing at all, snacks are maybe biscuits? i tend to snack at night after tea as its then i crave sweetfoods so ill have icecream or chocoate. Most days are good but some are BAD. I work 2 -3 x week so those are my GOOD days. I also train with PT 2 x week and do my own cardio 3-4x.

bedazzledjewels, Mar 14, 3:04am
Okay.
Now take a green pen and circle every vege/fruit you eat in a day.
Then take a red pen and circle the protein. Circle all the carbs in another colour and fats in another.
Alternatively, circle all the foods in that list that are natural and unprocessed. I think you'll learn quite a bit from that little exercise.
Good luck.

hawthorn11, Mar 14, 7:27am
I believe the secret is to drink plenty of water. If I crave something to eat after dinner I drink water and go and clean my teeth. I find I don't want to eat with a fresh taste in my mouth.

96subbie, Mar 14, 8:48am
thanks bedazzledjewles ill definalty give that ago i will definatly suprise myself with the lack of fruit/veges and protein i eat :-( its times like NOW that my husband has just been to supermarket and come home with 2 creme eggs yum i am just gonna go to bed and forget! arghhhhh i paid my PT $800 upfront for sessions so i really dont wanna waste the money as this is my only chance that i can pay to see her. 4wks has passed and the scales havent moved :-( :-(

wcg30, Mar 14, 9:26am
eat less, move more.

calista, Nov 1, 11:05am
Tran your husband to bring you back some flowers next time he goes to the supermarket or a fragrant soap or a crunchy combo of mixed sprouts.

Don't pay all that money for a trainer then sabotage your hard work for a fleeting pleasure. My secret to sticking to a sensible eating programme is not to feel deprived, because then I eat too many 'treats'. Mostly it works.