Morning Glory Muffin Recipe

campmother2002, Apr 28, 4:47am
Would love this Recipe if anyone has it...TIA

ksr, Apr 28, 6:48am

lissy73, Apr 28, 7:00am
Taken from Simply the Best Good Honest Cooking cookbook I got from the op shop y/day, so havent had a chance to use yet
Morning Glory Muffins
Makes 36lg muffins, so can halve recipe if desired
2 1/2 C sugar
4C flour
4t cinnamon
4t bs
1t salt
1C raisin, plumped in brandy and drained
1C coconut
4C grated carrots
2C grated apples
1C pecans or walnuts, roughly chopped
6 eggs
2C vegetable oil
1t vanilla
Sift dry ingredients into a lg bowl
Lightly dust raisins with flour and add tothe dry ingredients with the coconut, carrots, apples and nuts.
Stir well. Combine eggs, oil and vanilla and add to the mix. Stir till just combined. Spoon into lg, deep, greased muffin pans and bake at 190 degrees for 25 mins

campmother2002, Apr 28, 10:34am
Thanks ksr - sounds like the one I heard about in a conversation today.

campmother2002, Apr 28, 10:36am
lissy73 - Thanks too for typing out your Recipe - similar to ksr' s Recipe but makes more.

campmother2002, Apr 29, 4:47am
Would love this Recipe if anyone has it.TIA

campmother2002, Apr 29, 10:36am
lissy73 - Thanks too for typing out your Recipe - similar to ksr' s Recipe but makes more.

paddypf, May 1, 9:58am
Not knowing anything about gluten free would it be possible to make these gluten free? I made some andmy daughter liked them but is trying to be gluten free and asked if I could make some!!!! Any help appreciated.

chooky, May 1, 11:30am
I made these yesterday and they are lovely. All wrapped and in the freezer ready for lunches. Thanks lissy 23 for the recipe. I will be making these again.

griffo4, May 2, 6:25am
Thanks for the recipe l used the one off votemenot and it was sooo nice and they all went in no time with requests for the recipe

paddypf, May 2, 9:58am
Not knowing anything about gluten free would it be possible to make these gluten free! I made some andmy daughter liked them but is trying to be gluten free and asked if I could make some! Any help appreciated.