pork mince ideas?

aqua7, Jan 28, 12:44am
am thinking something Asian, but don;t know what!

maraea, Jan 28, 12:52am
Bean Curd or tofu is available from Asian food stores and some large supermarkets as either firm or soft bean curd; it can also be bought deep-fried. For stir-fried dishes like this the firm is the better choice.

Cooking time: 40 minutes
Serves: 4
Degree of difficulty: easy

1 tablespoon oil
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
250g pork mince
2 tablespoons Changs Dark Soy Sauce
375g packet bean curd, cut into 3cm cubes
3 shallots, finely chopped
2 tablespoons Changs Hoi sin Sauce
2 teaspoons cornflour
¼ cup stock
extra sliced shallots
chopped red chilli, optional
Heat the wok or large heavy based pan until very hot, add the oil, heat oil. Add the garlic and chilli; cook stirring for 1 minute. Add pork mince breaking the mince up as it cooks, the mince should start to turn golden brown. Add soy sauce stir-fry for 30 seconds.

Add bean curd and shallots; cook stirring gently for 1 minute. Add combined hoi sin cornflour and stock; cook 1 minute.

Sprinkle with extra shallots and chilli to serve.

Stir Fry Tips

Do not move the meat once you have added it to the hot wok for at least one minute (or until the under side starts to brown) or it will stick to the wok. Drain meat from marinade and if the marinade starts to boil the wok move the meat away from the marinade, as it will toughen the meat,

uncle_bill, Jan 28, 3:58am
well the other night I was feeling creative with pork mince too. went searching the supermarkets for frozen wonton wrappers but had no success, so went to the asian grocer and we got approx 40 for $2. 40 - amazing value! I mixed my small tray of pork mince ($4) with an egg, wee sprinkle of flour, garlic, soy sauce, finely diced onion, a little spring onion & s+p. I looked up on google how to fold a wonton and it was really easy! so this small tray of pork mince made about 34 wontons. I deep fried half of them in a pot of oil and they turned out like the real deal, my family loved them. the rest of them, I had planned to put in a noodle soup the next night but never got around to it so fried them up the next night too. so there's something asian for ya that's really cheap and u can use in two different ways :)

raewyn64, Jan 28, 4:48am
I found pork mince makes great meat patties for hamburgers. it seems lighter than beef mince in the burgers - I know it isn't Asian :)

davidt4, Jan 28, 5:09am
Pork Balls with Rice Noodles (Vietnam)

Serves 4

1 tab raw rice
1 iceberg lettuce
500g minced pork
2 cloves garlic, crushed
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp white pepper
1 tab fish sauce
2 tsp sugar
200g dried rice vermicelli
2 tab mint leaves, torn
2 tab coriander leaves

Dressing:

1 tsp sugar
2 tab lime juice
3 tab fish sauce
1 chilli

8 bamboo skewers, soaked

Dry-fry rice until golden, grind to a powder. Separate lettuce leaves & chill.

Mix pork, rice, garlic, salt, pepper, fish sauce & sugar and knead to a paste.

Boil noodles 2- 3 min until just tender, drain and rinse in cold water.

Mix dressing, toss with noodles, mint & coriander.

Shape pork into walnut-sized balls, thread 3 per skewer, grill until golden brown.

Serve with extra herbs and lettuce for wrapping.

davidt4, Jan 28, 5:12am
Pork with Cambodian Herbs

3/4c raw jasmine rice
2 tab oil
300 g minced pork
3 cloves garlic, chopped
2 shallots. chopped
3 stalks lemongrass, inner parts, sliced
3 c bean sprouts
3 tab fish sauce
1 tab palm sugar
5 kaffir lime leaves, finel sliced
1 bunch mint leaves
1 bunch coriander leaves
1 bunch Vietnamese mint leaves

Roast rice in heavy pan, stirring constantly until it is golden brown. Cool and pound to coarse grains.

Heat oil in wok over medium heat, stir-fry pork, shallots, garlic and lemongrass until the pork starts to brown. Add bean sprouts and rice, cook 1 min, add rest of ingredients. Stir-fry 1 min and serve hot.

didi37, Jul 23, 2:07am
I've successfully done "pork Satay balls' - Sophie Gray off HFG www. Yummy. Sweet chilli sauce, peanut butter, bread in the oven on baking paper.
AlIson Holst has nice recipe with Chinese 5 spice (and ginger, soy sauce? ? ? ). and served in lettuce leaves - I serve on rice instead.