Cinnamon stick and cardamom pods

cottagerose, Apr 26, 6:26am
I never have these in the house. Does anyone know what they could be replaced with in recipes please

southerngurl, Apr 26, 6:32am
i use cardamom pods to make a tea. either boil them in a pot of water for about 20 mins and take them out, or crush slightly and put them in the middle of a fusion tea pot and let steep for about 15 mins... i use a teaspoon full (2 teaspoons crushed) for 1-2 cups of tea

n00dle, Apr 26, 7:05am
Cinnamon stick may be able to be replaced with a small amount of ground cinnamon, but would depend on the recipe.It is generally used in savoury dishes and cooked over a long period of time to impart a subtle taste.

I can't think of anything to replace the cardamom pods with.It has a very unique flavour.I don't think the pods are expensive - similar price to other spices.I recommend you buy some and I'm sure you won't regret it.

Good luck.

ldbaqbeak, Apr 26, 7:13am
just replace cardamom pod with a little ground cardmom (its available in the spice aisle at every supermarket) and replace cinnamon stick with a little ground cinnamon. i do it all the time, works a treat.

cottagerose, Apr 27, 7:28am
Thankyou. I will do as you suggest.