HELP! My pumpkin soup is too thick...

nicwil, Apr 25, 6:12am
Can I water it down or will that ruin the taste? I found a tried and true recipe on here but it seems I didn't get enough stock and the supermarket is quite a drive away. Any tips would be hugely appreciated!!

dec1066, Apr 25, 6:15am
Yes add some water, or a bit of cream is nice too

elliehen, Apr 25, 6:30am
I thin mine with a little milk if it's too thick.

pickles7, Apr 25, 6:34am
coconut cream is way nice, in pumpkin soup. a little grated nutmeg, or mace. We like mace here but it dose not sit with some that well. It can be a little harsh .

jessie981, Apr 25, 7:21am
either elliehen or pickles. Iuse milk & don't use nutmeg as I hate the taste.

lindi4, Apr 25, 7:25am
Yes milk or a little cream or more water and check if needs salt, stock can just be astock cube in a cup of water too.

punkinthefirst, Apr 26, 3:59am
Or make a thin-ish white sauce, and mix in with the soup for "Cream of Pumpkin".

gilligee, Apr 26, 4:09am
Add stock.

litedelites, Apr 26, 5:03am
Hi, when you say you didn't get enough stock, then I assume you mean the liquid kind?If you have stock powder, just add water to make up - I would add either bacon, chicken or vege.You can aslo add milk or cream as suggested above.
Enyoy :)
T

nicwil, Apr 26, 6:12am
Can I water it down or will that ruin the taste! I found a tried and true recipe on here but it seems I didn't get enough stock and the supermarket is quite a drive away. Any tips would be hugely appreciated!

elliehen, Apr 26, 6:30am
I thin mine with a little milk if it's too thick.

socram, Apr 26, 6:55am
fastest stock ever = a spoonful of vegemite or marmite in water...

jessie981, Apr 26, 7:21am
either elliehen or pickles. Iuse milk & don't use nutmeg as I hate the taste.

litedelites, Apr 27, 5:03am
Hi, when you say you didn't get enough stock, then I assume you mean the liquid kind!If you have stock powder, just add water to make up - I would add either bacon, chicken or vege.You can aslo add milk or cream as suggested above.
Enyoy :)
T

socram, Apr 27, 6:55am
fastest stock ever = a spoonful of vegemite or marmite in water.