Banana Cake recipe request

nikiyasmum, Apr 24, 4:16am
Hi there, I have an edmonds cook book and decided to make a banana cake and for the life of me I am missing pages and one of them is the banana cake recipe. Does anyone out there have a nice and easy banana cake recipe? If so please share as I have heaps of bananas to get rid of.

tarshlove, Apr 24, 4:21am
This is the best one I've ever made
Mackenzies Banana Cake
Best banana cake recipe ever for Trade Me recipe users....
Beat 3 eggs,
1.5 cups sugar,
then add 1/2 cup cheap oil and
3/4 cup sour cream & 3 ripe bananas beat all,
then add 2 cups white flour
1.5 tsp of both baking powder and baking soda.
Beat till nice and smooth. bake 170 degrees for 1 hr I ice with white and dark choc I make this at work and it is the most requested of all, keeps really well I double and put one in the freezer. Enjoy.

Sour cream can be replaced with yoghurt, cream milk anything moist really

nikiyasmum, Apr 24, 4:24am
Hmmm yummo, sour cream really? I do have some in the fridge though. Does it make a difference to the cake if the bananas are rotten? Mines are was told the rotten the better? Thanks tarshlove!!

kinna54, Apr 27, 10:52pm
Edmonds bananacake coming up; from the old edmonds book:
tip: I use bananas from the freezer, and if they are on the small side I always add extra. Also I ice with lemon icing.

125g butter
175g sugar
2 eggs
2 mashed bananas. (i use 3 or more)
1tsp bicarb (baking soda)
2 TBSPS boiling milk
1tsp baking powder
225g flour
Cream butter and sugar, add eggs, mashed bananas, then bicarb dissolved in boiling milk. (should be foamy) lastly add the flour and baking powder previously mixed. Bake in 2 greased sandwich tins 20-25mins at 180c . test with a skewer in the centre. important not to overcook.

katalin2, Nov 8, 9:58am
Have just made Mackenzie's Banana Cake as above- just love this recipe. This time I cut the sugar by half a cup and added a packet of dark chocolate chips to the mixture- a huge success. I haven't iced it, but chocolate icing would finish it off nicely for a special occasion.