Pork patties with crushed pineapple? Can it work?

jessie981, Apr 24, 1:44am
bought crushed instead of pieces. If I drain then mix willstill be too sloopy to hold?

pickles7, Apr 24, 1:49am
I would make a nice sauce with the crushed pineapple, to go over the patties. You would not want to risk ruining you pork mince.

jessie981, Apr 24, 1:55am
thanx pickles. Haven't used it before. Sauce sounds a good idea. Can you give me one please.

pickles7, Apr 24, 3:12am
I tend to throw things at sauces, had years of being constrained. lol. I would start with just 1/2 a can of pineapple, a little chili, brown sugar, knob of butter warm it through, thicken it a little with cornflour, then just before serving throw a little brandy at it. Sauce for two, done. Brandy is soooooo.... Adult.... added to anything, from the kitchen. enjoy

whitehead., Apr 24, 4:16am
if you wont pineapple in your mince you can drain it then add a little corn flour to your mix to get it to stick .you will find you dont taste it at all

korbo, Apr 24, 5:06am
absolutly. i always put crushed pineapple in pork mince patties, or pork meat loaf, also a little chilli sauce and 1 tble peanut butter.
drain the juice first. nice to drink..lol

jessie981, Apr 25, 1:44am
bought crushed instead of pieces. If I drain then mix willstill be too sloopy to hold!

jessie981, Apr 25, 1:55am
thanx pickles. Haven't used it before. Sauce sounds a good idea. Can you give me one please.

pickles7, Apr 25, 3:12am
I tend to throw things at sauces, had years of being constrained. lol. I would start with just 1/2 a can of pineapple, a little chili, brown sugar, knob of butter warm it through, thicken it a little with cornflour, then just before serving throw a little brandy at it. Sauce for two, done. Brandy is soooooo. Adult. added to anything, from the kitchen. enjoy

korbo, Apr 25, 5:06am
absolutly. i always put crushed pineapple in pork mince patties, or pork meat loaf, also a little chilli sauce and 1 tble peanut butter.
drain the juice first. nice to drink.lol