Edmonds cookbook

Page 1 / 3
angelbaby69nz, Apr 23, 10:56pm
Has anyone here, ever attempted to work through all the recipes in the edmonds cookbook? :)

harrislucinda, Apr 23, 11:32pm
are you?

angelbaby69nz, Apr 23, 11:37pm
contemplating it.....lol

rachbabe, Apr 24, 2:13am
That would be like the movie Julie and Julia - Julie worked her way throughJulia Childs cook book. I loved the movie!
If you do it will you be blogging about it? It'll be neat to read your progress.

harrislucinda, Apr 24, 2:34am
in whattimeframeareyou thinking????

kiwibubbles, Apr 24, 4:00am
yes saw that thread but i never got hold of the blog link so wasn't able to follow her progress.

angelbaby69nz, Apr 24, 4:04am
I need a project, and have always wanted to...maybe ill get my bro to set me up a page......hrmmm.....ill have to have afternoon tea days lol....what ya think? corny or fun?

rachbabe, Apr 24, 4:22am
FUN!!!! :)

davidt4, Apr 24, 4:30am
I don't think she had a blog - she seemed to be under the impression that posting in this forum was the same as blogging.

jen211, Apr 24, 5:22am
I am 42 years old and have never owned an Edmounds Cookbook. Everytime I want to try and cook/bake anything new I always tell myself I must buy the Edmounds cookbook, but when out and about never think about it.

elliehen, Apr 24, 5:28am
There are usually lots of the more interesting older editions listed on Trade Me, jen.Why not have a peek while you're here?

kiwibubbles, Apr 24, 5:43am
ohhhhhhhhhhh i see now

angelbaby69nz, Apr 24, 6:00am
Right im going to do it!! ill get my bro to set me up a blog site...ooh fun! to start off with Roast chicken, now its not in the book, but the stuffing is, SO "Basic bread stuffing" is number one :) LOLwish me luck :)

jody23, Apr 24, 6:52am
wooh good luck.I would love to do something like this as well..I look forward to reading your blog

jen211, Apr 24, 6:56am
Good idea elliehen. I hadn't realised that they had changed.....there are newer editions. I was down at my Mums last week and cooked something out of her cookbook that I use to cook often 25 years ago.

angelbaby69nz, Apr 24, 7:02am
Thanks! ill post the link if hes keen to do it! i can post here in the meantime though..... :)
Im doing broccoli with almonds with my roast chick...and ill fick though and find some things to bake during the week.Im looking forward to it..... yay.

elliehen, Apr 24, 7:11am
Blog away!Will be checking in here to see how you go :)

angelbaby69nz, Apr 24, 8:31am
Day one(24/4/11)
Roast chicken with “basic bread stuffing” page 135, although I have substituted sage with mixed herbs, I have followed the recipe and it all seems pretty straight forward.The chicken I’m stuffing is only a little one, so I didn’t bother “trussing” it, as mentioned on page 133. Something to try for another time…with the chicken will be some sautéed veges and “Broccoli with almonds”, page 158, although I’ll have to leave the almonds off the hubby’s, he’s not a fan of nuts...
Dinner turned out to be an epic fail in my opinion….the chicken was good and the stuffing was yummo too… I didn’t like the sauce that goes on the broccoli, it was very sharp and with broccoli having no taste at the best of times, all I could taste was lemon.Strangley enough, tonight I also found out that dear hubby doesn’t like broccoli, how, after over 5 years, did I NOT know this???? My friend Lorna gave me a packet of “bread sauce” that you put with chicken, kind of like a white sauce with breadcrumbs but with a sour cream and chives taste. Very odd, but certainly worth a try! – I think I quite like it.It’s not sold in NZ but you can pick it up from one of those British shops.
There is nothing for dessert tonight, was going to make apple cake with some apples my friend gave me, but to be honest, I’m so full and so bummed out about how crap tea was, I think I’ll just pour myself another bourbon… shame that’s not in the Edmonds cook book!
Tomorrow I’ll pick up some flour and attempt some baking… Anzac Biscuits, hot cross buns, apple something and maybe a loaf of bread…..maybe HA!

arkle16, Apr 24, 9:34am
Good luck angelbaby69nz with your baking.I think it is amazing.:)

angelbaby69nz, Apr 24, 9:56am
thanks arkle.... :) tis going to be fun,

jody23, Apr 24, 10:19am
wow that was fast you started already..I really want to do this now, unfortunatly my partner is the fussiest person i have ever met so i would end up eating everything myself.

angelbaby69nz, Apr 24, 10:48am
You could do the baking section and give it away to friends and family or work collegues? :)

jody23, Apr 24, 10:59am
i could, would have to make sure i gave it away, dont wanna end up the size of a house

angelbaby69nz, Apr 24, 11:11am
lol yes, that would be unfortunate wouldnt it !

angelbaby69nz, Apr 24, 9:57pm
Another day another recipe! :D