Crumble recipe without rolled oats. Please

paora-tm, Apr 23, 2:52am
I'm sick of searching here and through google. Every recipe I have found has rolled oats.

Anyone have the perfect combination of sugar, flour and butter?

margyr, Apr 23, 2:59am
i just rub the whole lot together till like breadcrumbs and then put on, I dont like oats either. Sorry no measurements as it depends on the size crumble, I do use same amount of flour as sugar (brown and white), and then just use my fingers to blend in the butter.

jessie981, Apr 23, 3:40am
I couldn't find one without rolled oats so did this topping from Date Crunchy Slice) & it was fine -
1c coconut
1/2c castor sugar
1 egg
Blend ingredients & put over fruit.

dbab, Apr 23, 4:22am
Sometimes instead of oats I use crushed weetbix or cornflakes. Works fine.

rosathemad, Apr 23, 4:37am
I prefer without oats! My recipe is at the link below - I find it delicous, essentially just equal proportions of flour and sugar then enough butter to squish it together. I love that it's crumble season - I must be due to make another this week.

http://www.mrscake.co.nz/2011/04/childhood-classics-apple-crumble.html

shellz213, Apr 23, 4:38am
I've bumped a "crumble thread" up for you in general.A few posts down there is a post with the exact amount of flour, sugar and butter .... I prefer the crumble without the oats as well.

duckmoon, Apr 23, 4:40am
I use crushed weetbix, melted butter, brown sugar... perhaps with coconut

paora-tm, Apr 23, 5:49am
Thanks elliehen. I found another one that had equal flour & sugar with 2/3rd butter. It may have been okay if I had drained my feijoas beforehand - the parts that didn't turn to a guggy mess look okay. :) Oh well, it'll all look the same when it reaches my waist.

hezwez, Apr 23, 8:12am
I don't bother draining the feijoas, just mix in some custard powder with the liquid first before baking. It's still guggy but I like gug.

jessie981, Apr 24, 3:40am
I couldn't find one without rolled oats so did this topping from Date Crunchy Slice) & it was fine -
1c coconut
1/2c castor sugar
1 egg
Blend ingredients & put over fruit.

rosathemad, Apr 24, 4:37am
I prefer without oats! My recipe is at the link below - I find it delicous, essentially just equal proportions of flour and sugar then enough butter to squish it together. I love that it's crumble season - I must be due to make another this week.

http://www.mrscake.co.nz/2011/04/childhood-classics-apple-crumble.html

shellz213, Apr 24, 4:38am
I've bumped a "crumble thread" up for you in general.A few posts down there is a post with the exact amount of flour, sugar and butter . I prefer the crumble without the oats as well.

duckmoon, Apr 24, 4:40am
I use crushed weetbix, melted butter, brown sugar. perhaps with coconut

hezwez, Apr 24, 8:12am
I don't bother draining the feijoas, just mix in some custard powder with the liquid first before baking. It's still guggy but I like gug.