Will lemon honey made in microwave

samsnan, Apr 22, 11:29pm
come out ok. I guess I would have to stir it often. TIA

lizab, Apr 22, 11:34pm
The recipe I have for lemon curd made in the microwave came from Australian Masterchef series one and it's so much easier than making on the stove top.

Makes approx. 600g (2 cups) curd

[Ingredients]
3 whole eggs
2 egg yolks
170g (3/4 cup) caster sugar
125g unsalted butter, cubed
finely grated rind of 1 lemon
200ml lemon juice, from about 3 lemons

[Preparation]
1. In a microwave-safe bowl, beat whole eggs, egg yolks and sugar until incorporated. Cut butter into small cubes and add to the egg mixture.
2. Add grated lemon rind and lemon juice, give it a quick stir and place into microwave.
3. Microwave, uncovered, on MEDIUM or 50% (I used a 650W-power microwave) for about 8 minutes, or until the mixture thickens. During the cooking, stop the microwave every minute and give the mixture a stir before resuming cooking.
4. Store in sterilized jar in the refrigerator.

nfh1, Apr 23, 12:37am
I use this one which another poster kindly gave me:

Lemon Honey - No Butter

2 eggs + 1 yolk;
Juice & zest of 2 lemons;
1/2 cup sugar;
1 tsp honey (optional)

Whisk eggs lightly in mwave-proof bowl, add the rest.
Microwave on High in 30 second bursts, whisking in between, for 2-3 mins max.
Keeps in fridge 14 days, and freezes well.
Have succesfully doubled it, just increase the 30 sec bursts.

My husband loves it.

lizab, Apr 23, 11:34pm
The recipe I have for lemon curd made in the microwave came from Australian Masterchef series one and it's so much easier than making on the stove top.

Makes approx. 600g (2 cups) curd

[Ingredients]
3 whole eggs
2 egg yolks
170g (3/4 cup) caster sugar
125g unsalted butter, cubed
finely grated rind of 1 lemon
200ml lemon juice, from about 3 lemons

[Preparation]
1. In a microwave-safe bowl, beat whole eggs, egg yolks and sugar until incorporated. Cut butter into small cubes and add to the egg mixture.
2. Add grated lemon rind and lemon juice, give it a quick stir and place into microwave.
3. Microwave, uncovered, on MEDIUM or 50% (I used a 650W-power microwave) for about 8 minutes, or until the mixture thickens. During the cooking, stop the microwave every minute and give the mixture a stir before resuming cooking.
4. Store in sterilized jar in the refrigerator.