Slice with Jam and coconut???

player_smurf, Apr 22, 4:58am
Looking for a recipe for this slice that has a biscuit base, jam in the middle and a coconut topping.Not Louise cake as that is more meringuey!Anyone know what i'm on about???

muppet65, Apr 22, 5:00am
no but it sounds nice

korbo, Apr 22, 5:10am
does it have currants as well. I have bought some like that.

denshon, Apr 22, 5:24am
Hi
I make a slice that sounds like that, in my book it is called Plate Square, the recipe book is at work, I think a Ralley book or something similar, will post the recipe on Tues afo

lindylambchops1, Apr 22, 5:44am
Try the slice recipes on this site http://recipes.had.co.nz/category/17some of the slices by the Wickham Family are from the Rally Book as mentioned above.Hope this helps.

player_smurf, Apr 22, 5:44am
korbo wrote:
does it have currants as well. I have bought some like that.[/quoteNo it doesn't have currants in but I know the one you mean! I would love the recipe for that one too!

lindylambchops1, Apr 22, 5:47am
The Rally books are still available here http://www.ksrally.co.nz/cookbooks.html
$20.00

ashanti, Apr 22, 6:44am
Sounds a bit like Louise cake/slice?

pickles7, Apr 22, 6:48am
The topping would be made using whole egg, not just the whites. We used to make that because proper Louise, was too messy to cut. The other one had a little almond essence, and water added, and was a lot more moist.
Maybe that is what you are thinking .

winnie15, Apr 22, 11:40am
This one from brimac..
Coconut Slice

90g butter; 1/2 cup caster sugar; 1 egg; 1/3 cup s.r flour; 2/3 cup plain flour; 1/2 cup raspberry jam (I use a little more though as we like plenty of jam) 2 cups coconut. Grease a 19x29cm Swiss roll tin.

Cream butter & sugar and egg in small bowl until light and fluffy......Stir in sifted flours in two batches.Spread mixture evenly over base of tin.Spread evenly with jam, then topping. Bake in mod oven for abo ut 35 mins.Cool in pan,cut when cold.

TOPPING:Beat 2 eggs lightly with fork,beat in sugar and coconut

player_smurf, Apr 23, 4:58am
Looking for a recipe for this slice that has a biscuit base, jam in the middle and a coconut topping.Not Louise cake as that is more meringuey!Anyone know what i'm on about!

smileeah, Apr 23, 5:00am
Do you mean something like this http://cornercafe.wordpress.com/2010/06/16/jamaican-slice/
I tried a slice like this from a bakery one day and it is to die for. I haven't made this particular recipe but I fully intend to. And when I do I will omit the rum essence. You could omit the sultanas.

player_smurf, Apr 23, 5:44am
korbo wrote:
does it have currants as well. I have bought some like that.[/quoteNo it doesn't have currants in but I know the one you mean! I would love the recipe for that one too!

ashanti, Apr 23, 6:44am
Sounds a bit like Louise cake/slice!

winnie15, Apr 23, 11:40am
This one from brimac.
Coconut Slice

90g butter; 1/2 cup caster sugar; 1 egg; 1/3 cup s.r flour; 2/3 cup plain flour; 1/2 cup raspberry jam (I use a little more though as we like plenty of jam) 2 cups coconut. Grease a 19x29cm Swiss roll tin.

Cream butter & sugar and egg in small bowl until light and fluffy.Stir in sifted flours in two batches.Spread mixture evenly over base of tin.Spread evenly with jam, then topping. Bake in mod oven for abo ut 35 mins.Cool in pan,cut when cold.

TOPPING:Beat 2 eggs lightly with fork,beat in sugar and coconut

smileeah, Apr 24, 5:00am
Do you mean something like this http://cornercafe.wordpress.com/2010/06/16/jamaican-slice/
I tried a slice like this from a bakery one day and it is to die for. I haven't made this particular recipe but I fully intend to. And when I do I will omit the rum essence. You could omit the sultanas.

denshon, May 1, 7:28am
Plate Square4oz butter 4oz brown sugar1 cup flour1tsp BPBlend and press into sponge roll tin. Bake 8 mins in a moderate oven JAM TOPPING2 eggs 1 cup mixed fruit (or jst sultanasor raisins) 1 and half tbsp flour 1 and half cups coconut 1/2 tsp BP vanillaBeat eggs add sugar then remaining ingredients. Spread part baked base with jam then pour over the topping Bake until golden brown and firm to touch in a slower over. Check after 25 mins