Making cup cake batter ahead of time

be21, Apr 22, 3:11am
Hi all
I have a party to go to next friday for the royal wedding and have been asked to make my gluten dairy free cupcakes. Can i make the batter at 7am and spoon into the cases, go to work, come home at lunch time 1pm, cook for twenty mins, then they will have time to cool by the time i get home again at 5pm to ice. Will my batter be ok between 7am and 1pm? or am i better to get it all ready to mix keeping dry and wet separate? So my question is will the sitting batter affect the outcome compared to putting it straight in the oven?
TIA

accroul, Apr 22, 4:49am
I'd have thought that keeping the wet & dry mixes seperate until baking time would be the best idea.

be21, Apr 23, 3:11am
Hi all
I have a party to go to next friday for the royal wedding and have been asked to make my gluten dairy free cupcakes. Can i make the batter at 7am and spoon into the cases, go to work, come home at lunch time 1pm, cook for twenty mins, then they will have time to cool by the time i get home again at 5pm to ice. Will my batter be ok between 7am and 1pm! or am i better to get it all ready to mix keeping dry and wet separate! So my question is will the sitting batter affect the outcome compared to putting it straight in the oven!
TIA

accroul, Apr 23, 4:49am
I'd have thought that keeping the wet & dry mixes seperate until baking time would be the best idea.