PORK-BELLY

nanapops, Apr 22, 1:21am
What is the best way to cook porkbelly?

darlingmole, Apr 22, 1:35am
check out annabelle langbeins site because I saw her cook it on TV and it looked very tasty - cooked in milk and something else from memory?Google it

lozzah2, Apr 22, 2:10am
i made a nice honey garlic maranaide and baked it in the oven.soooo good,the crackling soaked up the maranaide,was amazing :D

lythande1, Apr 22, 2:13am
Spread meat side with spices of choice (salt, paprika, pepper whatever you like). Let it sit for 8 hours.
Place ona rack skin side up, over a pan of water. Turn the oven on full blast. Roast. Comes out crispy crackling, moist, drained of fat meat. You want the exact times etc, see Gary Rhodes site, I watched him do this on TV and tried it and it was great. Sounds like it won't work, but it does.

twindizzy, Apr 22, 2:14am
You could use a plum or hoisin sauce. Bake on a bed of half cut onions so the meat doesn't touch the bottom of pan. Add a little stock too, the juices run out and mix with the stock to re-baste.

I would twice cook it too.

gerry64, Apr 22, 2:39am
have tried all sorts but have found the milk metod by far the best

cookessentials, Apr 22, 3:21am
I have done the Anabel Langbein pork belly which was delicious. The only thing I did differently was to remove from the milk and then re-crisp the cracklingas it tended to soften a little with the steam from the milk.

nanapops, Apr 23, 1:21am
What is the best way to cook porkbelly!

darlingmole, Apr 23, 1:35am
check out annabelle langbeins site because I saw her cook it on TV and it looked very tasty - cooked in milk and something else from memory!Google it

lythande1, Apr 23, 2:13am
Spread meat side with spices of choice (salt, paprika, pepper whatever you like). Let it sit for 8 hours.
Place ona rack skin side up, over a pan of water. Turn the oven on full blast. Roast. Comes out crispy crackling, moist, drained of fat meat. You want the exact times etc, see Gary Rhodes site, I watched him do this on TV and tried it and it was great. Sounds like it won't work, but it does.

twindizzy, Apr 23, 2:14am
You could use a plum or hoisin sauce. Bake on a bed of half cut onions so the meat doesn't touch the bottom of pan. Add a little stock too, the juices run out and mix with the stock to re-baste.

I would twice cook it too.