What Gluten Free baking tastes great? HELP PLS

Page 3 / 3
pom-pom, May 1, 2:00am
Just discovered today that Woolworths are stocking Pavillion GF flaky pastry in the frozen section! Has anyone tried this yet! (I'm not a fan of their breads but the pastry may be worth a go) It's pricey at $7++ per packet but may be good for an occasional treat. Thanks again to everyone who has posted such helpful tips and recipes. I'm feeling much more positive about it already!

bob955, May 14, 10:41pm
I love Pavilions bread- the Sundried Tomato, Soy and Linseed especially.They are not "damp" like others, and toast perfectly, yummy and crunchy.
I will try their pastry when I've lost a couple of kgs lol.

bob955, May 15, 10:41pm
I love Pavilions bread- the Sundried Tomato, Soy and Linseed especially.They are not "damp" like others, and toast perfectly, yummy and crunchy.
I will try their pastry when I've lost a couple of kgs lol.

pom-pom, Apr 19, 9:01am
I have just had my 9 year old daughter diagnosed coeliac and whilst she is awaiting biopsy and still having to keep on gluten so as not to muck up results (poor thing) I have been practising GF baking in anticipation with very mixed results. I am fine with main meals but I'm after lunchbox snacks, small cakes (that rise and don't crumble) and soft breads (if there is such a thing). I seem to have managed to make a rice tortila wrap that tastes good for 'sandwiches' but a lot of baking (including the most revolting banana buckwheat pancakes) is going to end up being fed to the ducks. Does buckwheat taste good in anything really! Oh and I licked the biscuit batter spoon with soy flour in the mix and nearly threw up - yuk. Soy flour was fine cooked though but the days of kiddo licking the bowl out seem to have gone! Any suggestions.!!

pom-pom, Apr 19, 11:47pm
Thank you angie for these tips. I think it is an issue with moisture and binding. Biscuits seems OK if you want crunchy ones but it's the 'soft' baking I'm having problems with!

mbos, Apr 20, 3:11am
Have you tried making a chocolate brownie!

I just replace the flour with gluten free flour, and it is gorgeous - even non gf people love it.

I also do the same thing with my choc chip cookies, and my ginger and raisin cookies, as with my banana bread.

I use the Orgran and the Bakells flours.