Baking freshness advice....

indy24, Apr 18, 4:09am
Hi.Silly me decided to do all the baking for our afternoon tea wedding on Thursday afternoon.Now starting to panic.I work during the day Mon - Wednesday so that just leaves nights to make a start.My question is do you think it would be ok to do the baking tonight and tomorrow night (will do the savoury things Wednesday night) and it will stay taste yummy on Thursday? I am wanting to do mini afghans, marshmallow squares, melting moments and cupcakes. Any advice would be appreciated! Thank-you!

bappy, Apr 18, 4:20am
Yes baking of sweet stuff in advance should be fine.Just make sure you put them in good airtight containers.

pickles7, Apr 18, 4:20am
No presents... pay your own meal at the R.S.Aenjoy

indy24, Apr 18, 4:32am
Bappy, thanks for helping put my mind at ease! and pickles thats not a silly idea, if all my baking goes pearshaped!Thanks to you both!

juliewn, Apr 18, 9:30am
Hi.. marshmallow slice freezes beautifully, and... it's possible we might have tried them straight from the freezer on occasion and found they taste pretty good like that! ;-)

I'd keep these in the fridge if you don't freeze them..

greerg, Apr 20, 4:04am
The aghans keep for ages anyway.The cupcakes I'd freeze and then ice when I thawed them as they are most likely to go stale.The others will be fine in the fridge.Have a great day.

murdoc4, Apr 20, 5:34am
Hi.. I have a lemon syrup muffin recipe that has a syrup of lemon juice and sugar poured straight over tops as soon as they come out of oven, they stay beautifully moist for up to 3 days!
2 cups SR flour3/4C sugar
75g butter, melted1C milk
1 eggZest of large lemon
Syrup:
1/2C lemon juice1/4C sugar

Sift flour into med bowl and gently stir in sugar.Combine melted butter with the milk, egg and lemon rind - beat with a fork well.Add this to dry ingredients and fold mixture together till just combined.Spray non stick muffin pans with cooking spray well and 3/4 fill or half fill for little cupcakes and bake for 8 - 10 mins depending on size or until lightly golden.As soon as they come out of oven prick tops with a fork and spoon over generous amounts of lemon syrup.Leave in tin for 5 mins before easing out with a knife.Ice with lemon icing if wanting.SYRUP: Combine lemon juice and sugar just before needing.

Whatever you do hope you have a fab day!