Help! Chocolate and strawberry pizza??

Page 1 / 2
cap, Apr 18, 1:46am
We are having a family pizza competition and my 7 year old has decided she wants to make a chocolate and strawberry pizza but how to make it so it actually tastes nice?If you can think of another dessert style pizza I may be able to steer her in that direction (kind of hoping not to use strawberries anyway as they are not in season).The only other dessert pizzas I can think of involve bananas which I hate but then again I don't have to actually eat it - everyone else can judge that one.

wheelz, Apr 18, 2:07am
apple and cinnamon with a crumble topping... don't layer on too thickly, or it'll all slide off !

cap, Apr 18, 2:14am
Mmm - that sounds a lot nicer.With this cold weather I feel more in a "crumble mood".Now to convince the young one.

cap, Apr 18, 2:17am
Found a nice sounding recipe for a Blueberry Crumble pizza and she agrees that sounds nice.Thanks for the crumble idea.

nzl99, Apr 18, 3:00am
Made crème pâtissière and swirl that on the base... add a bit more sugar when making the base... but keep an eye that it doesn't burn...

accroul, Apr 18, 3:21am
I think you can buy dried strawberries but gawd knows what they taste like.. Also can get strawberry flavour stuff (Easiyo I think) - Choc pizza with a strawberry swirl?

nzl99, Apr 18, 3:22am
Ohhhh good idea!A swirl of berry couli...

tigerlilly16, Apr 18, 3:54am
This sounds nice - could also add some sultanas and finish with a swirl of custard

moetus, Apr 18, 4:32am
Hi, I found a couple of dessert pizzas on google

max10, Apr 18, 4:32am
when hubby worked at pizza hut when use to make banana pizza on sunday nights after closing to have with drinks LOL

normally pan base base, maple syrup for the sauce cut banana in half then slice thin long ways sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnaman put in pizza oven till heated through then a swearl of maple syrup cut and serve with wipped cream

murdoc4, Apr 18, 8:08am
Dried strawberries taste like a strawberry jube lolly - you have to try them!I 'politely' tried some at a friends much to my delight, I now add them to choc chip biscuits and cheesecake bases etc!!!

cap, Apr 18, 10:00am
I've never tried dried strawberries.My girls have had canned ones at their Nan's house but they look so awful I can't bring myself to try them.Thanks for all the great ideas everyone.She is now set on the blueberry crumble one and I must say it looks and sounds yum.

cap, Apr 19, 1:46am
We are having a family pizza competition and my 7 year old has decided she wants to make a chocolate and strawberry pizza but how to make it so it actually tastes nice!If you can think of another dessert style pizza I may be able to steer her in that direction (kind of hoping not to use strawberries anyway as they are not in season).The only other dessert pizzas I can think of involve bananas which I hate but then again I don't have to actually eat it - everyone else can judge that one.

wheelz, Apr 19, 2:07am
apple and cinnamon with a crumble topping. don't layer on too thickly, or it'll all slide off !

nzl99, Apr 19, 3:00am
Made crème pâtissière and swirl that on the base. add a bit more sugar when making the base. but keep an eye that it doesn't burn.

accroul, Apr 19, 3:21am
I think you can buy dried strawberries but gawd knows what they taste like. Also can get strawberry flavour stuff (Easiyo I think) - Choc pizza with a strawberry swirl!

nzl99, Apr 19, 3:22am
Ohhhh good idea!A swirl of berry couli.

murdoc4, Apr 19, 8:08am
Dried strawberries taste like a strawberry jube lolly - you have to try them!I 'politely' tried some at a friends much to my delight, I now add them to choc chip biscuits and cheesecake bases etc!

cap, Apr 19, 10:00am
I've never tried dried strawberries.My girls have had canned ones at their Nan's house but they look so awful I can't bring myself to try them.Thanks for all the great ideas everyone.She is now set on the blueberry crumble one and I must say it looks and sounds yum.

cap, Apr 22, 8:04am
The blueberry crumble pizza was delicious and voted the best pizza of the day mmmmmm!!!!Will definitely have to make that one again.We kept it pretty simple and she spread the base with a little chocolate hazelnut spread then the crumble and blueberries on top.

nzl99, Apr 22, 8:36pm
Sounds great!Did you get any piccies? :-)

cap, Apr 23, 8:04am
The blueberry crumble pizza was delicious and voted the best pizza of the day mmmmmm!Will definitely have to make that one again.We kept it pretty simple and she spread the base with a little chocolate hazelnut spread then the crumble and blueberries on top.

nzl99, Apr 23, 8:36pm
Sounds great!Did you get any piccies! :-)

guest, Jan 12, 7:01am
Articles like this really grease the shafts of kngoledwe.

guest, Jan 13, 5:50pm
Welcome back to the world of blogging! I msesid you! But having you in person was MUCH better. :)Funny about the cup colors. Though I might need more blue ones, I'll just keep on using my Courtney mug. ;)Mum