Corned Silverside..How long do you cook yours for?

tarshlove, Oct 20, 5:27am
I do mine in the crockpot/slow cooker for about 8 hours in ginger beer
:D

kcak, Oct 20, 5:47am
Slow cooker for 8 or 9 hours.

245sam, Oct 20, 6:18am
I cook our silverside in the crockpot on Auto/Low, usually in gingerale with 1-2 onions (halved then each half studded with 3 whole cloves) - the cooking time is weight dependent but is based on 10 hours for1•5 Kg.

ferrit47, Apr 17, 8:23am
Cook on high for first 2 hours then low for 6 hours and add Tablespoon Vineger & Brown Sugar and Spinkle with Salt & Pepper. I used add Bayleaves to mine.But since I met my wife she dosent like taste so i leave them out.

tutifruiti, Apr 17, 9:58am
x1
I do mine a a pressure cooker. Quick and easy.

cookessentials, Apr 17, 10:13am
Crockpot6-7 hours with water,malt vinegar, soft brown sugar, whole cloves and bay leaves.

wheelz, Apr 17, 10:45am
3 hours in a pot with 1/4 c vinegar and 1 tbsp golden syrup.... melts in your mouth.

missy_chester, Apr 17, 10:52am
I do the vinegar & golden syrup (or honey ) thing in a large pot but also add peppercorns, bayleaf, & a large sprig of parsley. About 3/4s of an hour before serving I add carrots, onions, leeks and sometimes, even spuds so that I have a complete meal all ready to go!

4mywants, Apr 17, 7:44pm
i tried the crockpot method for the first time last week........omg fantastic. will never ever boil it rubbery again..so easy, just plop in and forget...would like to try with gingerale next time..and it was so moist the nest day too.

kstar21, Apr 18, 1:40am
yum i have to try the ginger ale/beer how much are ya ment to use??