Beef Stroganoff recipe wanted please

smileeah, Apr 17, 3:24am
Hello. I have just searched here on Trade Me for a Beef Stroganoff recipe as I want a recommended recipe and I thought there would be many to choose from but I can only find one with vague instructions. Can you please share your tried and trued favourite stroganoff recipe? I will be using rump steak. TIA

kabbo, Apr 17, 4:38am
this is how i make mine. (i have seen recipes on here that have wine beef stock etc but mine doesnt). mines pretty basic but easy and tasty. learnt it from my sister and she's a good cook.

pan fry sliced meat til browned remove from pan. then fry chopped onions and mushrooms till onions cooked and mushrooms browned. i add some crushed garlic too. add meat back in. Then I mix either dijon mustard or grain mustard into sour cream, then add that to the meat mixture. stir until mixed and season with salt and pepper.
I serve mine with rice.

nzl99, Apr 17, 7:34am
Use the search function if you want lots of ideas.I made Stroganoff Meatballs last week.Use same base recipe but with beef strips...

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?fbid=2008178283865&id=1225939081&aid=2121525&l=8c83425f26

smileeah, Apr 19, 5:04am
Thank you. Sounds yum!
I did use the search function and couldn't find any recipes. Maybe I spelt it wrong? I'll try again. I know I can google it but like I said I wanted recommended recipes. Cheers.