Anyone on optifast

Page 10 / 162
dorothy_vdh, Feb 21, 12:39am
yipee I have finally past the 50 kilo mark, but I don't want to skite too much in case I fall off the wagon again

mvr, Feb 21, 6:12am
Well done Dorothy! ! ! That is just incredible - you must be so proud! Congratulations! ! :)

cookessentials, Feb 21, 7:36am
fabulous dorothy- you wont fall off the wagon, you will continue to do well I am sure. I want to lose another 5kg-maybe 10 - will see how I feel when the 5kg has gone and re-assess then.

1grasshopper, Feb 21, 10:04am
Well I have eaten food pretty much all week, and gained a kg to show it. Back on the bandwagon tomorrow

fourz, Feb 21, 9:09pm
fantastic effort Dorothy well done. Ive still got a way to go but plodding along. I always say it took awhile to pack on so will take a while to take off now! ! ! Have done exceptionally well this week again its amazing how much easier it is to do when we both are on the same page. My hubby is looking great. He has really lost heaps in 2 weeks so looking forward tohis weigh in tonight.

mvr, Feb 23, 6:22pm
bumping:)

mvr, Feb 23, 7:23pm
Hey Radius Pharmacy are having a 12% off summer sale! (excl prescription/pharmacy only stuff). So 12% off makes a box of vanilla or chocolate shakes only $43. 11 ! ! that pretty good, still have to pay $5. 95 for delivery if order is under $100, but the 12% off kinda pays for that.

gibbze, Feb 23, 10:25pm
hi there the doctor put me on optifast before i had my op i lost 9kg in 4 weeks add fruit to the opitfast and ice it goes very thick and you are full before you finish i had a banding and go back to optifast once a week all the best to everyone

mvr, Feb 24, 12:02am
Sorry I forgot to say the code you enter when ordering is SUMMER12, and it finishes Thursday 25th.

dorothy_vdh, Feb 26, 7:26am
bumping for the weekend

djcjhcclc, Feb 26, 11:00pm
Thank you mvr I used your code to get the discount. Im just new to this but am having trouble getting started. Its not that I dont mind the drink but just cant seem to be able to just drink three of them a day. Any advise? Please

djcjhcclc, Feb 27, 12:17am
please anyone

fourz, Feb 27, 6:30am
I find it easier to mix the optifast products up. I have chocolate shake for breakfast (hubby has vanilla) then I have a chocolate bar for lunch and then for tea either a chocolate shake again or bar again or mousse depending whats in the cupboard really. I don't like the soup but hubby does so we have most of the products in our house at the beginning of each week. Yes it does cost a small fortune as well as food for the kids but I figure its only for 6 weeks and we are up to week 4 on monday so nearly done the 6 weeks. Its great. A lot of people do 2 meals optifast and then a light calorie counted meal at night. I think that is how dorothy has done hers very successfully. The 3 meals a day is very hard on you. Good luck

puresteam, Feb 27, 7:24am
fourz have you got a lot of weight to loss. I have had a couple of goes with this but fizzle out after a week or two. but now my health is such that I know I have to get going once more Iwill be doing the 3 drinks a day Ihave to lose about 60kgs I will be starting on Tuesday as being on my own will help got my shakes

djcjhcclc, Feb 27, 7:39am
I guess its a state of mind and at present mine will not let me just drink the shakes I will try very hard and like someone said it didnt take five mins to get this way so its going to take some time to get it off

mvr, Feb 27, 8:48pm
Does anyone else find the cappuccino bars really really sweet? ! !

fourz, Feb 28, 2:34am
Purestream I do have a lot to lose but I am doing mine with the help of the Adult Weight Management team attached to the diabetic clinic at Waikato Hospital. We are monitored really closely as you need to be if doing the 3 a day regime. I have lost 30 kilos over the past 4 years. With 18 of that since august last year. My husband has over 60 kilos to lose but men lose at a different rate than us women. I would like to lose another 30 and that still doesn't put me in the ideal weight range, My adivice is work with your doctor do regular blood tests to make sure you are in good health. I will not say it is easy as it sure isn't but at the end of the day we need to reeducate our eating habits and by sorting the brain rest will follow otherwise we will end up back at square one again. Its all about portion size and when we eat and what we eat. Optifast just gives us a break from having to think about working it all out and gives us a push start. I think you would be hard pushed to last more than 6 weeks doing the 3 meals a day with it. In fact I wouldn't even consider more than 6 weeks unless you have the strongest of will power. My other advice is that you mix the products up a bit. I found shakes on there own is hard work. As I have said before I use pretty much all they have on offer. Variation is the key and get inventive with the veges and make sure you eat the veges lol cos I am not a veg eater but I have made myself and I have come up with some interesting recipes. Chunky soup made with stock and tomatoes (I use the canned ones) and heaps of vege is a great filler. But you must have the veges.

Good luck and just hop on here if you need any more advice.

Rae

dorothy_vdh, Feb 28, 4:16am
fourz is correct. I have never replaced 3 meals a day with optifast.
I have a shake everyday for breakfast. And if I am doing optifast for the week I will have a bar for lunch.
I think, for me anyway, that I needed to reintroduce"normal" foods relatively early on so I didn't get bored. But I also said right from the get go that it was a lifestyle change for me. I am not going to be on Optifast forever.

Now I hope the scales aren't too bad tomorrow, I have been away for the weekend and have had every meal out. I don't think I made that bad of food choices but its the hidden calories that add up. And also most of the weekend has been spent sitting on be behind at a sporting event or behind the wheel of the car

puresteam, Feb 28, 4:48am
HiIt was the dietition who has put me on this and I have had all the blood tests etc from the doctors and I have to get a check every week to start with I am being monitored very closely so I am not worried about that. I am to do this for 6weeks then start reducing the opifast I have done it before but caved in and haven't been
able to get started again, so I have started yesterday and am okay so far but hubby isn't much help to me

cookessentials, Feb 28, 5:30am
I have been on it since Nov and have managed replacing all meals with the shake or a bar or dessert plus the 2cups vege and have had no problem. I do find, however, that the trick is to have a variety of flavours and types of the product. We have the three bar flavours plus four shake flavours and I like to mix them up soo I dont get bored. In the last week or two, we have had an odd meal instead of a bar or a shake because we have been on it for the initial period of 12 weeks.

fourz, Feb 28, 8:25am
Purestream the first time I started this in August I lasted 3 days! ! ! But each time I would think you can do this its only for 6 weeks. And then I would go for a couple more days then fall of the horse again so what you are going through is not new and I would say most of us have been there. I found it so hard as our daughter works in a fast food outlet and she would be allowed to bring the left overs home! ! ! ! well that was my downfall but this time round I have asked her not to bring it home and she has been very good and not bought any into the house! ! ! ! I have started walking tonight, have been very lethargic for the past 3 days so decided a walk was in order and I feel much better. Come back to the board here when you find the going getting tough . Someone is always willing to help you along. I am finding this time its much easier with the both of us doing it. We are up to week 4 this Tuesday so nearly done the6 weeks then we will introduce breakfast then do a few weeks of breakfast and 2 meals optifast and so on until we are on real food again.
Keep going you can do this

dorothy_vdh, Feb 28, 6:44pm
I knew it, the scales weren'tgood to me this morning. 600 grams up over the weekend

fourz, Feb 28, 7:14pm
Dorothy hang in there you have done so great. Think of all the weight you have lost. A little gained is only a very tiny set back in the whole scheme of things. At AWMC we are allowed a fluctuation on 1 - 2 kilos so yours is only tiny over the whole picture. Lots of factors could attribute to 600grms so have a good day and Smile cos you are amazing to us all on here.

dorothy_vdh, Feb 28, 8:43pm
fourz I'm not upset. I knew I would have an increase, as we were away over the weekend and had takeaway type meals for each meal.
I guess it just shows everyone how easy it is to put weight on as my choices weren't that bad

ashes-, Mar 2, 8:48am
Can someone advise if optifast is a program and where you get it from or is it just shakes that you buy?