Anyone on optifast

Page 9 / 162
whiskey13, Feb 16, 9:28pm
Good on you silverwolf. . I'm very slack with my walking and the dog isn't too happy about it. How long does a 7km walk take you, may i ask?

perfectsense, Feb 16, 9:38pm
So is Optifast a meal replacement only or does it speed up your metabolism? Is it like those diet pills that leave you jittery and anxious because they speed everything up?

silverwolf, Feb 16, 10:47pm
Hi Whiskey We have improved on our time for a 7km walk and now have it down to 1 1/4 hours. We know that we can improve it more yet. Was pleased with the loss this morning and am on track for losing 2 1/2kgs this week... yippppeeee. And that included having half of a 6" subway yesterday-- hubby and I shared a 6" chicken one... no cheese though. Will go for a bike ride this afternoon sometime. How is everyone else going?

silverwolf, Feb 16, 10:52pm
Hi Perfectsense Optifast is a meal replacement diet which you must also combine with 2cups of vegetables. . no potato, pmpkin, kumura, peas - the starchy vegetables. If you copy and paste the following you will be shown some Optifast information. http://www.optifast.com. . you can also join OF on line by entering the barcode from the box of OF and you set up your weekly management programme from there. It also helps to talk to dieticians etc for advice and if you have any concerns. I did System Slim and it was all pills - which made you feel like your heart was racing and the feelings were not good. Hope this helps.

silverwolf, Feb 17, 7:30pm
Lost 2. 5kg's this week ... yippppeeee. . the extra walking was worth it. . and it hadn't all together been a perfect week as I'd had Sushi and a 6" roast beef subway (without cheese). How is everyone else doing? Have a great day

bunny36, Feb 17, 7:51pm
Morning silverwolf are you replacing all your meals with shakes im only replacing 1 or 2 a day and getting no where

whiskey13, Feb 17, 11:11pm
Good on you, silverwolf I've decided to do it, and i meet mum this morning and had a weigh in and brought some bars(already have other shakes i want to use up first) and the pharmasist(sp) let me purchase a single dessert to see how i like it. So my goal is to lose 27. 7kgs. So tonite for tea is a chicken breast fillet with colesaw.

silverwolf, Feb 18, 12:40am
Hi Bunny Yes, I am using 3 x shakes a day plus 2 cups of raw vegetables at night... we have the vegetables before we set out for our walk. I have less than 30kgs to lose now . . yeeeehaaaaa. Also increased the water intake last week from 2. 5 litres to 3. 5 litres - we take with us on our walks now a 1 litre bottle of water each - the added bonus apart from drinking the water is that it acts as a weight while walking. . 1 litre of water = 1kg. Have you joined the Oasis club for Optifast? It is an online group with great ideas and planners.

silverwolf, Feb 18, 12:44am
Hi Whiskey - congrats on starting on your way with OF. Your tea sounds yummy... chicken would be nice tonight but as I indulged on the weekend (had a subway roast beed) I need to get back on track again and stick at doing the intensive phase for a whole week without any slipups -- though in saying this I can see one happening on Saturday (we are going up to Auckland and back again in same day - and stopping off at Ohiwa Oyster farm). You cannot simply drive past. . hehehehe the oysters are to yummy. Thoughlast time we were there, they had no oysters =( as the stingrays had gotten into the beds and had devoured them. Good luck with your OF journey... let us know how you are going.

silverwolf, Feb 18, 6:16am
Wish I liked chocolate -- I would gladly take it all off your hands. Have you tried advertising them on TM?

huntlygirl, Feb 18, 8:23am
I have left a message on your auction. Trademe will not allow you to sell optifast as l tried to sell some vanilla and got a warning.

silverwolf, Feb 18, 7:38pm
Why did you get a warning? It is no different to people selling their 'lose 7kgs in one week recipes'. . and this one is founded and supported by a medical team. Do you still have any Vanilla left? =)

bunny36, Feb 18, 8:22pm
Hi coolcatease I would be interested in taking some choc shakes off your hands but cant afford all of them at mo. Also had look at what your selling on TM the Just jeans are the waist high or hippers.

whiskey13, Feb 18, 8:27pm
:(No Strawberry shakes in N. Z. until March:( My favourite

mvr, Feb 19, 12:57am
Bumping. 2kgs down WAHOOOO! ! ! I'm wrapt! & I havent actually done much this week as the weather has been so awful. Plus I find it hard to drink 2lts of water a day, even 1ltr - I just dont ever feel that thirsty, think I should try and make more of an effort to drink more throughout the day. Hows everyone else? Looks like its going to be a nice weekend:)

cookessentials, Feb 19, 1:49am
Well done, that's awesome. I am down 1kg so far this week and am hoping for another 1kg before my week is up. Husband has lost 17kg he has caught up with me! which we just CANT have LOL

silverwolf, Feb 19, 3:57am
Whiskey, , , you can make your own We have found that it is cheaper to buy four x boxes from Net pharmacy (you get discount) of Vanilla and get someStrawberry essence... you cannot honestly taste the difference - but it is noticeably different in price. We also add banana essence to the vanilla OF. . tastes great. Might try the same with chocolate, apple etc. Take care and have a great evening. Off for another walk as soon as hubby gets home. Getting excited about my weight loss now as I am beginning to fit clothes which had started to shrink in the wardrobe. Hahahahahahaha

mvr, Feb 19, 4:01am
How long have you both been doing it? :)

fourz, Feb 19, 7:57am
Ive been doing this since august. But at present are redoing the intensive phase as my husband has just started doing it.
We work with the Adult Weight management team from Waikato Hospital so its all monitored. I am doing better this time than when I started in August. Its so much easier both of us doing it together. Hubby mowed the lawn tonight first time in many years due to the weight. He lost 5. 3 in the first week. So will be good to see what his weight is on Monday. I lost 3. 3 which I am so rapt with. In fact we are eating quite late tonight and I have just grilled heaps of allowed veges and had them with balsamic dressing ( eta lite and low)Its surprisingly nice and I am so not a vege eater.

cookessentials, Feb 19, 8:37am
started in November. Have had a number of functions and meals out in that time, plus Christmas, so 12 kg's loss is pretty awesome considering.

cloudberry, Feb 19, 5:42pm
I'm inspired! This thread has motivated me to stop putting things off and do something so I have ordered some Optifast off the net and will make a start as soon as it arrives. here's hoping I can stick to it... wish me luck.

silverwolf, Feb 19, 6:28pm
Weclome to the club cloudberry -- I must say though that the first week of doing Optifast (OF) is hard--- but if you stick to it properly - this is where quite a decrease on the scales will start. Like most diets the 1st week is a lot of fluid - but at the same time you are teaching your liver to break down unwanted fat and process it so that the kidneys can do there job and get rid of it.

silverwolf, Feb 19, 6:29pm
continued My husband and I are now into our 5th week and still managing to lose the weight at a steady rate. There are some days when I get cravings but a couple of glasses of water later and they have disappeared. I think the main part of this is that after 12 weeks of the intensive phase there is no way you want to go through this again. One poster did mention how expensive it was but if you put aside the money that you would've spent on lunches or take-away foods for the week and buying things like sweets and ice-cream from the supermarket you have all ready started to save money when you are using OF. A satchet is $2. 40 opposed to a packet of sandwhiches at $3. 00 and if you have coffee that is another $4. 00... so nearly $8. 00 against $2. 40 - I know what one I am happier to pay for and which is better for me. Good luck and join us in here for posting your progress.

dorothy_vdh, Feb 19, 7:49pm
Started in june 2008. I have lost 49/50 kilos its fluctuating around this at the moment.
Some weeks I have really good losses and others not so good.
But for me it was all about lifestyle changes and I have mostly done that. Every now and then I may have something that is supposedly naughty, but hey I never said I was a saint.

If you are able to exercise you will lose weight quicker, stating the obvious I know. But I only mention this because I can't do much of that. I am waiting on my 2 knee replacement, then there will be no excuses or stopping me. I had my first one done 11 months ago.
So once my other knee is done I should be able to pound the streets will a quick walk at least lol, and the last 18/20 kilos I want to lose should be gone

mvr, Feb 19, 8:02pm
Grrrr Radius for some reason didnt ship my Wednesday night order on Thursday, I called them yesterday and I said to the girl that it needed to be Saturday delivery, but going by the Courierpost website its not, so I wont get delivery until Monday. I dont have any shakes left. I'm sooo ticked off! ! Is there anywhere else that is about the same price as Radius online?