Anyone on optifast

Page 7 / 162
dorothy_vdh, Feb 2, 4:02am
just bumping to 1st page so the person who asked in general about optifast can find us

cookessentials, Feb 2, 6:57pm
Well, a good week so far. Have lost 1. 4 kg since getting back into it on Monday, so very pleased.

kissyjo, Feb 3, 4:08am
HI - am glad to have found others on opti. I have been posting on the optifast. au mbs, but since they revamped the website hardly anyone goes there now. I am on my 6th week of intensive and lost 12 kgs so far. I find that I do it in bursts of 10- 15 days on , then I have a week off because thats the only way I can stick to it and not cheat. when I restart again, I seem to get really good results, like it gives me a jumpstart again. I have just had a few days off, and plan to start up again tomorrow. I haven;t had a chance yet to read through the older posts, but for those who have reached their goal weight, how have you managed to maintain it? I actually am planning to start ww when I get down to about 10 kgs above my goal and then carry on counting points. I don't think I would ever get to the place where I can just manage my own eating without some sort of boundaries and structure

dorothy_vdh, Feb 6, 9:35pm
very quiet in here. how is everyone doing. I had hit another one of those brick walls but all going well again for me

cookessentials, Feb 7, 1:21am
Hi dorothy, yep, going well - although, at times it is a "mind thing" with me - you get to where you feel comfortable(but still need to lose 10 kg) and you can become a little complacent and so hover around that weight, up a little, then down a little which Is what I had been doing a bit. Managed to crack it now so hopig to now get on and lose the last 8-10kg. Brian doing well, he has lost 15kg.
Drove out to Lake Ferry today ans stopped in at the Lake Ferry Hotel-badly wanted something I shouldn't, but the kitchen was closed till 12pm, so that was my saving grace LOL. Had a diet coke ( yuck) and ate my bar in the car. I have just had half an avacado, so that will help the "munchies" till I have my shake later. I am never hungry, just want something - I dont know, just get the taste for "something" from time to time. Period is WAY late- it was due on 25th Jan, but nothing, so perhaps that does not help.

dollydot, Feb 7, 2:04am
Unfortunately Opti won't work properly if you only use it for 2 meals as the body will not stay in ketosis (fat burning mode) when you introduce a normal evening meal even if it is low fat. You may lose a little as you are eating less if replacing two meals with Opti shakes and bars etc but you are basically wasting your money on Opti unless you do it as they describe - 3 meals replaced and 2 cups of veggies. Have done Opti successfully in the past under the guidance of an Endocrinologist Dr who explained how it works with your body. Any time you add carbs including fruit you will not be in fat burn mode. If you just want to skip some meals you'd be better to replace them with a protein shake from the supermarket but even those can be at least $3. oo each.

dorothy_vdh, Feb 7, 4:01am
well its worked for me, I started off replacing 2 meals then cut it back to just a shake for breakfast, this is all under the guidance of a hospital dietitian. Now I choose if I want 1 or 2 meals of optifast. It has to be a lifestyle change, so reintroducing "normal" foods has to happen. No one is ever going to be just on optifast for the rest of their lives.
I am now 200 grams offlosing 49 kilos so there is NO WAY I am changing anything I do. I'm sure if I was able to exercise more I would have lost a whole lot more by now, but such is life

cookessentials, Feb 7, 8:32am
kissyjo, do what ever works for you.

cookessentials, Feb 7, 6:33pm
replacing one or two meals will work, the losses may be slower, but that is not a problem.

fourz, Feb 7, 6:49pm
I haven't been around for a while, have been really struggling to get back into the weight loss side of my life but today is a new day for me. My husband starts on Optifast tomorrow and I am going to get back on it as I need to and also to support him. How easy it was to fall back into old habits! ! ! But that is over now back to square one. I don't know how much weight i have put on but I am going to lose it no matter what and I have to stop making excuses and just get on with it.
Have a fab day everyone.

Rae

dorothy_vdh, Feb 12, 8:06pm
hi everyone, how are you all doing.
I reached the 50 kilo mark earlier this week, but sadly not there now. Dam pmt, put a kilo on already so feeling very grumpy about it

mvr, Feb 12, 11:17pm
Hi everyone. Well Ive finally started on Optifast after procrastinating for ages. I'm 35kg heavier then I was when I was 21! Eeek how does it just sneak up and up over the years! I wonder if anyone adds physillim husk to their shakes to make them a bit more solid and to help with fibre? ? Are the soups nice? Anyway, deep breath, wish me luck! Its a bit scary! :)

whiskey13, Feb 13, 10:51pm
x1
I asked this question in general but no-ones listening. My mum is doing really well and i just wanted to know how other people are doing before i decide to give it a try

mrsv1, Feb 13, 11:15pm
well i bought some but havent used it all, was just b4 xmas so a silly time to do it anyway, however i did find the shakes quite filling im sure it would work if you did it properly, there was quite a big thread on here about it and they were all doing well. good luck

whiskey13, Feb 14, 1:19am
Thanks mrsv1 I already have meal replacement shakes that i brought at xmas with some mall vouchers i was given so i would just have the bars and soup sachets till my shakes run out then see how i've done before buying optifast shakes

dorothy_vdh, Feb 14, 6:29am
re soups I don't like them but others do. Like anything everyone is different.

Good luck with your journey

mvr, Feb 14, 7:02am
Thanks dorothy_vdh, your journey is the main one that inspired me! I was quite hungry today, more then yesterday. Hopefully it wont be too bad at work tomorrow:)

silverwolf, Feb 14, 9:40am
Yippeee and OptiFast thread both my husband and I are doing the OF programme and are into our 4th week. So far hubby has lost 9kg and I have lost 10kgs. By the end of our fourth week (weigh in Monday morning) I hope to be down another 2kgs making that 12kgs in 4 weeks. Hubby does not have to much more to lose - another 10kg but me... . wellllll I have a lot more than that to go.

whiskey13, Feb 14, 11:44am
My mum has lost the same amount as your hubby in the same amount of time and she has said you dont feel hungry and have alot more energy. I will go out on a limb and say that i have 30kgs to lose, so if i start optifast i could lose all that within 5-6 months?

carton, Feb 14, 1:26pm
silverwolf That is fantastic. Good luck to you both. Keep us posted on progress.

silverwolf, Feb 14, 7:17pm
Hi again ... don't feel bad about how much you have to lose. I too, have another 30kgs to go. Yesterday I sinned and had some sushi. . I had three pieces but decided to not have the dinner time shake to keep the calorie and carb intake down. We (hubby and I) went for an 7km walk last night - maybe that helped too. Today though it has back on track - and having more water than yesterday. I was a bit lax there too and probably had less than 1. 5 litres. You are meant to have at least 2L additional to the shakes. I prefer the vanilla chakes and if you get bored with the taste try adding a few drops of banana or strawberry essence. The secret with the shakes is to use cold water (we chill filtered water) and have a milkshake machine-- leave the Opitfast to mix on full speed for about three or four minutes.

silverwolf, Feb 14, 7:23pm
Hi Carton Hmmm this could be quite good as I would have to not only be answerable to myself but also to my new online Optifast-ers =) I am now aiming to lose the next 10kgs. . I set small goals of losing 5kgs at a time... . easier that way. Better still maybe I could advertise that I have found an extra 30kgs and am tired of lugging it aroundand would the real owner come and get it back again... hahahahahahaha. The first week was nasty... the 2nd week more bearable apart from a few times where I wanted something more than rabbit food to eat, week 3 - getting easier and week 4 (day 5 of it) weeeellll I did sin last night with the Suski but it doesn't seem to have affected the scales so here's hoping I can lose a bit more today and over the weekend before weighing in again on Monday.

snapit, Feb 14, 7:36pm
puzzled Why is optifast better than a normal calorie controlled diet. I have always wondered why if someone can stick to a diet that relys on shakes and bars they can't stick to a normal healthy diet. Just wondering not knocking, and at least you are trying something and it is working for you. I also have a weight problem and have had all my life have looked at these types of diets including this optifast and thought If I could stick to it I could stick to a normal controlled diet, and learn healthy eating skills/habits. Have lost 11 kgs on a healthy eating plan as advised by a nutritionist, with increased exercise. It is the first time I have ever really tried seriously but hopefully the lessons I learn will stick with me. I don't feel hungry. I just miss all the sinful things I used to eat but so would those on the optifast or other similar programmes.

silverwolf, Feb 14, 7:50pm
Hi Snapit Optifast is alos recommended by doctors and dieticians and is set up to help those of us who have a lot more to lose than the average person - a boost. As a woman can lose on average 2. 5kgs a week - with the shakes you are also have 2 Cups of raw vegetables a day (you have to have these). For the first 12 weeks (intensive phase) you are have 3 x shakes + 2 Cups vegetables. In this phase you are putting your body into ketosis (the liver dissolves the fatty build up in you body) and with the extra water you are helping flush it out. After intensive you introduce back in one light meal a day and on maintenance you are back to three regular meals (allbeit smaller) a day. Opitfast works for some as it gives the incentive to drop the weight and I guess at the end of it you are too damned scared to put it back on again as you do not want to go through this again.

bunny36, Feb 14, 7:53pm
Hi Ive just brought some This is my second week with this and Im finding im enjoying the strawberry shakes for breakfast and if Im home I will have a bar I really like the choc bars. Im only replacing one or two meals a day and having a normal tea. Ive lost 1kg and pleased with that the slower the better for it to come off. Im aiming to lost 5kgs before April as we are going to Aussie for hoilday and when we get back loss another 5kgs and what ever I put on before Sept as we are getting married then.