Anyone on optifast

Page 6 / 162
davedog, Jan 11, 6:32am
Is anyone using Optifast for their Breakfast and Lunch only and having a normal dinner - would that work?

Wife cooks a family meal for all of us at night and I don't really want to disrupt that if I don't have to?

cookessentials, Jan 11, 6:55am
Hi macwood, well done you - you will easily lose the 10kg before March. I dont know why the strawberry and coffee are dearer, but they are delicious. i do find that having a variety of flavours to choose from in the shakes and the bars helps you to stick with the programme as you dont get bored with the same old flavour again and again.

dorothy_vdh, Jan 11, 7:11am
yes that is exactly what I have done in the past. works well for me

gurliegurl, Jan 11, 9:27pm
Thast what i am doing... started friday, and have done optifast morning and lunch and then tea at night... snack on fruit during the morning, and maybe a cracker with marmite if im starving by 4pm... . that and walking and a bit of WII fit... hoping to lose about 10kg

davedog, Jan 11, 10:11pm
Maybe I'll give it a go then... Are the shakes mixed with water or low fat milk (I'm a fan of my milk you see)

gurliegurl, Jan 11, 11:08pm
Taste the same with water or milk... i would save my money and just use water like they say...

smf, Jan 13, 10:01am
Well I got the good news that i've been waiting for today from my diabetes nurse, I can have optifast, it shouldn't affect my kidneys, so will order some tomorrow then away we go!

cookessentials, Jan 13, 6:29pm
davedog, you mix with water - it has milk in the formula. One thing if I can suggest is to get yourself an electric blender as it mixes it far better than a shaker. I crush the icecubes in there first, then add the water and mix, it makes it lovely and frothy. I have lost 1. 6 in the last three days, so very happy and I am now under where I was before Christmas.

davedog, Jan 14, 8:19am
That sounds wicked... ok - best place to buy the stuff? Can I buy like one of each flavour to see what I like?

dorothy_vdh, Jan 14, 6:26pm
davedog search on line. I usually find radius pharmacy great, once you join up with them you, receive discount codes to use. Plus if you spend over a $100 its free shipping ... . always a bonus There is also another place on line that I have purchased from, the address is in one of the earlier pages here, Sorry I don't have time to scroll back and find it this morning.
And no I have never been able to find anywhere that you can purchase each flavour separately

munderwood, Jan 16, 9:44am
Hi everyone. Have loved reading the success stories so far. I started using OF last wednesday and so far have been really enjoying it. I googled it and decided radiusonline is the best place to get it.
I have lost around 2kg so far of which I'm stoked! I have about 35kg to lose so hope to pop in her from time to time. Good luck everyone who is new to OF.

kevthehunter, Jan 17, 8:37pm
+Hi there all, They dont sell Optifast any more in my town. . does anyone have any for sale?

dorothy_vdh, Jan 17, 9:29pm
Buy it off line. The pharmacy here doesn't sell it either BUT they were happy to get it in for me. It was going to be a lot more expensive though

kevthehunter, Jan 17, 9:40pm
thanks dorothy will give it a go

1grasshopper, Jan 18, 12:47am
Hi everyone, I just started onOptifast, Im up to day3 of the intensive phase, I brought my first box from unichem - for $70, then when I got home I saw radius selling them for under $50 each, gutted. Oh well, Im stocked up now, have 3 boxes of vanilla shakes and 1 box of the berry bars in the pantry.

Anyone know why trade me wont let you sell it? I searched and all I get is expired listings that they have withdrawn.

Oh and another question, is it normal to need to visit the toilet so often, its like being pregnant all over again

huntlygirl, Jan 18, 1:13am
TM cant list it as it a pharmacy only product. I have 4 boxes sitting here.

cookessentials, Jan 18, 9:03pm
grasshopper, may I suggest you have more than one flavour of the shake, otherwise you run the risk of becoming bored with the same flavour every day. We have the vanilla ( yucky bland stuff) the chocolate which seems to be more chocoaltely at present, the strawberry and the coffee ( redius are aughty though, the prices are WAYY higher than they were when we started- the go up in price over Christmas and new year because everyone wants to lose weight then) we also have the chocolate, berry and cappuccino bars. Got back to where I was before Christmas ( well, 400g under that) and went away for a surprise weekend for my husbands birthday, then friends invited us for dinner last night, so have 2. 2kg to shift again! Oh well, I dont have a problem with that, it will come off in the week. We are then flying up to Auckland on 29th for a friends 60th, so a bit of a yo yo time at the moment, but that's fine, once that's over, there is nothing on till 6th arch when we fly to Auckland again for three days for the gift fair - maybe I will take my blender with me? LOL

1grasshopper, Jan 19, 12:01am
I mix stuff in with my vanilla, I read it somewhere, I brought essences from the supermarket and turn them into banana, caramel and strawberry flavour. I wanted to buy chocolate but radius had sold out when I ordered. Next order Im going to buy some soups and desserts too, so I hope they get more stock in shortly because they 9radius) are way cheaper than my local pharmacy

fourz, Jan 19, 3:33am
huntlygirl are you interested in selling? What products do you have available if you are wanting to sell.

cookessentials, Jan 19, 6:10am
I have the chocolate dessert of which I have had one - i found it sickly sweet and a bit "cardboardy" in taste. I have the vegetable soup but have not had that yet.

dorothy_vdh, Jan 24, 7:39pm
very quiet in here, how is everyone doing? ? ? ? ? ? ?

outoftheboxnz, Jan 24, 8:23pm
Morning! I've been lurking her for a little while and reading all the inspirational messages. I started on OP last week, but am only substituting 1 meal instead of all 3. I'd like to lose the weight slowly. For the rest of the meals I am choosing healthy option... lots of fruit, veges etc and definately watching the carb intake. I've started exercising too... . walking after work up to 4 times during the week. I'm finding that I have more energy and want to get out and do the walking. I have lost 2 kgs in the first week and I'm quite happy with that. The water certainly helps too. Keep up the good work with all the messages and support :-)

whiskey13, Jan 30, 2:42am
Hi ya everyone. Not done very well over the xmas break but I'm not worried about that (neither is the nurse when i had my 6 weekly weigh in). Have just brought zumba to do on the days that i can't get out to take the dog for a walk. I can feel it working. So we'll see how we go this year. Welcome to the "family" outofthebox we are all here to support each other. Good luck with your journey

1grasshopper, Jan 30, 11:01pm
Hi everyone, I am up to week 3 and have lost 4. 5kg so far, I have cheated quite a lot which is why I havent lost as much as I hoped. I found someone selling optifast on sella, so brought lots ($20 a box). I also brought a crosstrainer which i use often and do 500calories worth. Looking into buying zumba also :)

cookessentials, Jan 31, 9:15pm
Morning allo, we have been away in Auckland and I am pleased to say that i put on 1 kg in that time which to most sounds horrifying! but we attended a 60th Birthday on Friday night, we were taken for brunch on the Saturday morning, we had dinner out on Saturday night and we had breakfast out on Sunday morning and lunch at my parents before flying home so i am well pleased. I know that will come off within a few days and i managed very well. i had ONE alcoholic drink - which was a bacardi ( I kept away from wine, instead opting for a diet ginger beer) I had meusli and fruit for the breakfasts, the lunch was a fairly light orzo pasta and wood smoked salmon salad ( apart from a slither of Christmas cake and a helping of summer pudding for afters! ) and the dinner, i managed a small eye fillet and vegetables, so i think i did pretty well. Back into it again today, with no "guilts" Period late, so feeling bloated and horrible knowing it is due any moment, so i know I am probably a kilo up anyway with water retention. How is everyone else going?
My husband, brian has lost 14 kg and he looks fantastic - he saw people on Friday night that he had not seen in 30 odd years who were blown away. He says he cannot ever remember being the weight he is since he was at high school LOL. He is now just under 83kgthe heaviest i have known him is 107kg, so the changes are phenominal. He was 97kg before he started.