Anyone on optifast

Page 4 / 162
dorothy_vdh, Nov 30, 7:31am
far out thats great. what have you been doing these past 2 weeks.
What have you been eating, maybe I'll copy you and i too will reach my christmas goal

whiskey13, Nov 30, 11:14am
Hi guys. Lost 1. 1kgs last week(if you find it i dont want it backlol ). Walked the dog 6/7 days too so i know what i need to do. dorothy, you should be ashamed of your self, who gives you the right to be so hard on yourself. Look at how far you have come, i believe you can do it, just like you believed in me. So get back on that wild horse and keep going. . There i've said my piece now I'm out of here lol

fourz, Nov 30, 4:48pm
Morning ladies. I think I lost so much because I cut portions of real food in half. Drank almost 3 litres of water a day. My boys were away for most of last week so I lived on Weightwatchers meals that were on special! ! Haven't been able to do optifast for a couple of weeks because I am on warfarin and I had a cortisone injection in my hip and it really has played havoc with the inr so I have had to try to eat as normal as possible. But I think and the doctor pretty much agreed the great loss was because my pain has gone and I am able to get a round so much more. Just amazing how much energy I have each day. So I guess my body has to only deal with the weight loss stuff now and not the pain. I only have food on a bread and butter plate now instead of a dinner plate. I am very concious of portion size. Once my inr gets back in to sync I am going to do 2 optifast meals a day and have dinner at night for a few weeks just to try to get to the 99 kilo mark although only just realised that today is the 1st december so no way am I going to try to lose 8 kilos in 25 days so will set my self something a little more realistic. But by the end of Jan I am going to be 99 kilos. Dorothy just carry on doing what you are doing you'l get to where you want to be very soon. You have done amazingly well. Just remember this is part of your journey for life. I must say tho I get huge inspiration from you all so keep up the good work and with Christmas so close lets keep going and if we fall off the horse get back on and go again. Remember you can eat what you like its how much and how often that makes the difference to weather we gain or lose.

Something I notice most of you do is weigh yourselves most days. My understanding is that this is not a good thing to do as the body flucuates(sp) so much. I don't have scales in my house cos my son decided they needed a wash in the shower and so I won't replace them. At the moment we get weighed in fortnightly at clinic but over the holiday period I am going to weigh at a freinds weekly. After the holidays we will only be weighing in monthly at clinic.

cookessentials, Nov 30, 6:11pm
Down 1. 6 this week. Period due, so scale has gone up 600g which is fine-still drinking the water, so it will be back to losing after the next week.

dorothy_vdh, Nov 30, 6:30pm
good morning all.

I guess at times we all need a kick up the bum. lol
yes i weigh myself everyday, it works for me so I won't change even though I know you are not supposed to. I record my weight each Thursday. I think it just keeps me focused, although I think my scales have a mind of their own. this morning I was down 600 grams from yesterday

whiskey13, Nov 30, 10:29pm
Morning all. Just got back from walking the dog. I must be either nuts or really, really determined cos it's pissing down outside (excuse the language), but i feel great for doing it. And it means the dog has had a deposit( for lack of a better word)so i know when i go to work and he's inside for 8. 5 hrs, he's going to be good :) And he is a very good boy. Off to have a chicken soup for lunch.

whiskey13, Nov 30, 10:30pm
I'm having the soup not the dog;)

nhill1, Dec 1, 3:02am
No gain thank goodness but no loss either this week. It is that time of month though.

cookessentials, Dec 1, 3:13am
Yeah, same for me - just keep chugging away.

cookessentials, Dec 1, 5:37pm
I think we all have to look at the big picture - ie:set yourself a goal ( realistic) and then take it one step at a time, it will come of with steady progress

dorothy_vdh, Dec 2, 6:22pm
well I'm kind of happy this morning. Today is the day I record my weekly progress. Although by my chart I am only down 100 grams on last week its actually more than that as I lost all the weight I put on over the weekend so it was a total of 1. 3 ks.

I'm trying really hard as I .
want to make my Christmas goal, and yes it is a realistic goal.

Have a great day

fourz, Dec 2, 10:53pm
Just need to share this with you all. I just bought some size 18 3/4 pants. I do not remember the last time (would be well over 30 years ago) I could fit into a size 18 lol gone from 24-26 in August to 18 now wahoo I am so happy. Optifast rocks and now even tho I have been so motivated it has given me even extra motivation to not ever go back there again. I even had a look in some smaller sized shops and they had clothes that I could fit but just not afford right now lol. Such pretty colours that I haven't worn for ? ? ? well if ever I can have those after christmas lol. So so happy. BTW they are happy tears lol

cookessentials, Dec 3, 12:47am
Well done YOU! !

nhill1, Dec 3, 7:41pm
I think that is the best feeling fourz! When you try clothes that couldn't fit you before and now you can go into shops that you couldn't go into before because they have your size! So cool!

fourz, Dec 6, 5:00am
Just abump for the coming week

dorothy_vdh, Dec 7, 6:23pm
bumping again. how is everyone this week

crails, Dec 7, 7:46pm
I've had a week off for the most part eating sensibly, we did have mcdonald's the other nightI only had a burger and a bottle of water. I haven't gained any weight so pleased. I have a new box of shakes and am going to give it a much better go this week

cookessentials, Dec 7, 9:30pm
yeah, really good - 8kg's I a month which I am more than happy about. We went away for the night for our wedding anniversary and had dinner out ( no alcohol, but a lovely fruity "mocktail")no dessert, but breakfast the following morning at the B&B, plus we have had about four dinners out in that time - I just chose very very carefully, so I think i have done really well considering. Being super good now until Christmas as we are going up to Auckland on New Years Eve to spend time with my parents.

nhill1, Dec 8, 5:00am
Crap week, up 1kg

nhill1, Dec 8, 6:36am
gonna change my weigh in to Fridays, tuesdays are terrible withhaving dinners out on weekends with friends and all. ugh! SO depressed right now.

cookessentials, Dec 8, 6:45am
When that happens, just keep going, it WILL change again you know! I eat out and I get an odd gain here and there but I just stick with it and it soon turns around for the better. Guilt does not help you- just keep taking each day one day at a time and look forward, not backward.

dorothy_vdh, Dec 9, 6:18pm
morning , another small loss for me this week but it all good. I may reach my goal yet, but I'm no longer stressing about it.

LOL I got called skinny minnie yesterday. hardly but it did give me quite a buzz

whiskey13, Dec 10, 12:34am
A loss of 1. 4kgs since Monday morning. I just have to get through the weekend and then my weigh in on Tuesday. :)

nhill1, Dec 11, 11:35pm
Well done everyone :)

cookessentials, Dec 12, 1:54am
well done whiskey - I have lost 200g but have the old period, so no surprises there, i know things will change in a few days. If you have not tried the coffee shake, then it is WELL worth getting.