Anyone on optifast

Page 11 / 162
woozyraeleen, Mar 2, 9:44am
Hi everyone, I'm starting optifast this saturday having it 3 times a day, under supervision with chch diabetes team. i have approx. 70kgs to lose. i'm currently looking at WLS, in which you need to have optifast beforehand, so am hoping to have a jump start and lose some weight, so who knows I may not need WLS.

I'm really nervous & scared about doing this, as I think about food constantly, and if by chance I've managed to forget about it for a moment, once I start thinking about it again, its even worse. We also have 2 snack boxes at work that just call to me.

mvr, Mar 2, 6:00pm
Hi woozyraeleen, welcome! I have just started a cpl of weeks ago so am new to this as well. You CAN do it! Everyone in here is really supportive. I found the first 2 days I was hungry, but then it just stopped. I find it OK in the evening having a shake and the 2 cups of veges - you still get to have a 'meal'. I look at it now as like when i quit smoking - you think you want a ciggie, but you dont really need it, and the longer you go not having one the easier it gets. The shakes are quite nice, I sometimes add some pysillium husk to bulk it out a bit and make me feel fuller(its a fibre additive - Metamucil is made from it). I found the cappucino bars really sweet but thats good if you feel like something 'naughty'! maybe take one of those to work for lunch then the snack box wont tempt as much:)

dorothy_vdh, Mar 3, 6:29pm
morning all, hope things are going well for everyone

woozyraeleen, welcome to our thread and good luck with your journey.
Ignore those snack boxes, you don't need them. I work in a bakery/cafe and none of the food there interests me.
Be strong set yourself some goals, little ones at first. Maybe your first goal could be not to touch the snack box for a week, it can only get easier from there.
Don't expect miracles it will take time to adjust your lifestyle

For the lady that approached me at work yesterday , I know you will be reading this :-).
If you would like some support, come back to work and I will tell you where I live. we can then talk without me being under any work pressure

whiskey13, Mar 4, 10:24pm
Hi-ya guys, thought I'd better say gidday to everyone, and welcome to the newbies. Like an earlier poster has said, if you need to ask a Q please feel free to come in here and ask, even if you think it is a stupid Q cos changes are it's a Q that one of the "old timers" (lol) has asked before and you never know if you don't ask.

My doctor has set me a challenge to walk 60mins per day for 5 days a week and since i saw her last Monday 22nd Feb I've only missed one day out of 12 so far, so I'm very please with that. I've got a weigh in next Tuesday so we'll see how i go. Since my last posting I've just been plodding along and not seeming to get any where so maybe the doctors challenge is a good thing. I also started keeping a food diary to keep an eye on things and last night at work i was so proud of myself cos lollies were left out for a birthday shout and i never touch one :)

dorothy_vdh, Mar 5, 6:15am
Hi whiskey good to see you back, I was wondering what had become of you.

Well I went to the doctor today, and he weighed me.
My scales lie! ! ! ! ! I am 6 kilos lighter at the doctors than I am at home. I'm wrapped with that, as it means I only have 14more kilos to go and I've done it.
I'm so proud of myself, as when I started off on this journey I didn't think I could do it, but now there is definitely light at the end of the tunnel

whiskey13, Mar 5, 10:40am
Well done dorothy, I love the doctors scales too, they are always kind to me lol

puresteam, Mar 6, 9:51pm
just weighed myself and lost 3. 6kg for the week, so thrilled I made that first week. hope I can carry on now of another good week, feel so good best for a long time. thanks for all the threads that you can come in and read when you are feeling you can't do it. many many thanks to letting me read your journey dorothy-vdh you are the one I can look up to

fourz, Mar 10, 3:49am
Great stuff purestream. My hubby has lost 15 kilos in 4 weeks pretty amazing, I m very proud of him and he looks great. Me I'm struggling to lose 500 grms a week now! ! ! But 500grms is better than nothing! ! ! Just liked it when I was losing 2 or 3 kilos! ! !

puresteam, Mar 11, 6:22am
hi foruz by golly your husband is doing well. I don't think I will have the same loss this week, I am not drinking so much water and it is telling, its been colder this week and I know I will have to just sort it out. dr very happy with my blood pressure yesterday best its been for a mighty long time so hope next weeks check will go the same way

arkle16, Mar 11, 7:23am
Hi, What is the approximate cost for one person to do this for a week? Thanks.

dorothy_vdh, Mar 11, 6:23pm
arkle that would depend on what products you intend to use and how many meals you would be replacing.
If you have a look at the radius web pageat their product range. You should be able to work it from there.

Radius has free delivery until midnight tonight. Unfortunately they are out of stock with the products I want

mvr, Mar 14, 7:02pm
Bumping for start of a new week:)

woozyraeleen, Mar 15, 9:22pm
Hi everyone, I have now started Optifast (from last Saturday). Has been not quite 4 days but have lost 3. 3kgs so far. Hasn't been easy. Starting on Saturday was good, because I could spend the whole weekend doing nothing if I felt like it (which I pretty much did). Was feeling better by yesterday morning when it came to going to work, and have not had anything extra (as I am a really snack box & V/Coke addict). Any tips on how to have the veges different though?

puresteam, Mar 16, 2:07am
hi woozyraeleen
I have been doing different things with my veges yesterday I grated and chopped my veges then wrapped them up in a cabbage leave then poached in a chicken stock nice for a change also I make a soup with my 2cups of veges in a chicken or beef stock, stirfry them. I only lost 500gm this week but I know I didn't drink enough water hope I'm better next week. all the best for the coming week woozyraeteen

puresteam, Mar 18, 9:17am
hi everyone how is it going this week with the weather getting a bit cooler. I just made a big pot of soup with my allowance of vegies and got 6days out of it I measured everything out and it worked out okay I hope no one will be around me when I eat it as I have cali cabbage broccoli silverbeet onion mushrooms so look out. hope you are doing alright woozyraeleen its pretty hard going isn't it

dorothy_vdh, Mar 18, 6:30pm
morning all. Yes I agree with the weather cooling down we always seem to think we are hungrier for some reason.
yesterday at work because it was so cold I kept thinking I was hungry, so I substituted my cold water for tea. I drink weak black tea so not there's not that much difference to water.

puresteam, Mar 18, 11:12pm
Hi dorothy_vdh I can't drink black tea but I brought some lemons the other day and I am having hot water with a slice lemon quite nice. I am surprising myself how I am going it must have been that talk from the doctor she has only given me 5yrs if I don't do something so it is a wakeup call

woozyraeleen, Mar 20, 12:08am
Hi all, it has been a tough week but I got through it. Weighed today and found I'd lost 5. 3kgs in my first week optifast. Woohoo. Was feeling pretty despondent in the middle of the week because I was weighing myself every day (I know, have stopped this now lol), and I put on 800gms then another 100gms the next day. Am finding the weekends much easier than during the week. Have days where I feel I'd have no problem doing this for 12 weeks, then others where its like oh my god, do I have to eat another vege? you know, choc's a vege (its comes from beans, and beans are veges).

1grasshopper, Mar 20, 12:59am
I have had 2 weeks of no weight loss! Any1 else had this? I have been drinking the water and not cheating, whats going on?

cookessentials, Mar 20, 1:03am
available at Radius pharmacy online

dorothy_vdh, Mar 20, 7:00am
woozyraeleen, I weigh myself every single day. it keeps me focused. just do what is right for you.
And 1grasshopper, yes I have had that happen, its very disheartening but don't lose faith. It will sort itself out. Are you able to do any exercise? Maybe you are building up muscles .

i went shopping today as I needed some warmer winter tops. I'm still in shock. I bought size 16, if the sizing is correct then, I haven't been that size for maybe 30plus years.

1grasshopper, Mar 21, 8:38pm
Thanks dorothy - Im following the army training schedule so maybe I am gaining muscle - hope so. I have lost 300g since I left that message so thats a start at least

dorothy_vdh, Mar 24, 6:14pm
If my scales are correct, I'm NOT having a good week. Optifast twice a day and putting on weight. WHY? ? ? ? ? ?

fourz, Mar 24, 7:00pm
dorothy that happened to me as well can't figure why? But its really thrown me and am really struggling to stay focused! ! ! Also I started study last week and Im so hungry every day. Monday I was so hungry didn't matter what I ate just didn't fill the gap! ! Had 3 optifast bars in a 4 hour space! ! ! ! heaps of water and still starving. It hasn't been quite that bad since but still really hungry! ! !

pam.delilah, Mar 24, 7:18pm
. Has your body gone into starvation mode? Check it out.