Anyone on optifast

Page 2 / 162
janeygirl, Nov 9, 6:28am
if that link doesnt work go to thedeal.co.nz health and beauty and weight loss

cookessentials, Nov 9, 8:32am
Have had no problems re nibbling. Because I am in the shop all day, there is no temptation. I have a cup of tea at lunch ( no milk) along with the capuccino bar. I make sure I have plenty of water too. When I get home, I have a shake ( a blender does a fabulous job of mixing it well) then I make my husbands dinner and do my vege than and have those when he has his dinner. I have a good selection of product and have the choc, strawberry and coffee shake, the chock pudding, the vege soup and one pack each of the capuccino and fruity choc bars.

dorothy_vdh, Nov 9, 6:27pm
morning everyone, its really great to see more posters in here. Good luck to you all with your journey.

I must admit that I find nibbling a very BIG temptation, I work at a cafe/bakery so it can definitely have its moments.
I have exactly 3 kilos to lose to achieve the weight I want to at least be at , by Christmas

crails, Nov 9, 6:47pm
As excited as I was yesterday about starting the programme I did find it difficult as the day went on I was sooo hungry as my hobby is food. I haven't weighed myself as I'm sure the scales will say '1 person at a time', I did measure myself and have lost 1cm across bust, waist and hips, hooray I'm melting away. I'll get some gum at the shops and see if that helps with my nibbling urge

nhill1, Nov 9, 7:46pm
make sure the gum is sugar free... . and well done to everyone! Push through the first and 2nd week. It gets easier from then onwards like you don't even think about it anymore!

cookessentials, Nov 9, 8:41pm
Well, that is my first week under my belt with a 4. 4kg loss. I had a slight headache on day two but have been fine since. i very rarely get hungry. This morning I had the coffee milkshake - YUMMO! and i have a berry bar for lunch. i do some great vege at night - sauteed onion, asparagus (done for 3 mins in microwave first), chunky pieces of mushroom, garlic and then some Thai lime/chilli sauce sprinkled on the top - it's divine.

sceans1508, Nov 9, 10:34pm
oh thanks for that, I haven't had a spontaneous laugh like that since I lost my job 3 months ago, but all good, found another so hopefully will be back on o. f soon enough.

cookessentials, Nov 12, 3:51am
5. 2 kg's now. We had an invitation out for dinner last night but i think i did ok. I did not have my evening shake and had a thai soup for entree-which was basically a broth with vegetables in it and chilli, then had an entree for main which was about 6 tiger prawns on taro vermicelli and about 4 glasses of water. i managed a 200g loss so I was fine with that, then straight back into it this morning. If you have not tried the coffee shake, it is WELL worth trying, i love it and the strawberry one.

nhill1, Nov 12, 5:24am
x1
Weigh in on Tuesday was a 900g loss, I haven't been at this weight since 2006!

blondie208, Nov 12, 7:03am
its awesome, i had a gastric bypas. . and thye put you on opti fast poir to surgery! lost 9kgs in 3 weeks...

cookessentials, Nov 12, 8:53am
well done nhill1! it is a good feeling isn't it?

crails, Nov 13, 12:12am
I sucumbed to bacon and eggs on Wednesday morning, the side effects were not pleasant. I've learnt my lesson and will keep fat intake to the absolute minimum

sarah531, Nov 13, 7:13am
I am about to start Optifast and I have a total of 10-15kg's to reach my goal weight after having a baby 2 years ago. I am quite scared to do this because I am afraid once I go off it then I will put it all back on once I start eating normal food again. Also, how long do I do the 3 meals a day to lose this amount of weight... . at what stage do I know when to introduce the first light meal, then the next? hopefully one of you regulars can help me here? ? thanks! ! !

cookessentials, Nov 13, 7:06pm
I guess it depends on how quickly you lose the weight. You MUST do a maintenance plan and also, you say abut being afraid of putting it all back on once you go back to "normal" eating. If you go back to eating the way you ate before, it is likely you WILL put it on. As with any weight loss, you need to change the bad eating habits that got you overweight in the first place. I have been on the programme 11 days now with a 5. 8kg loss so far, I have had one meal out in that time(see above) but I was very mindful of what I ate.

dorothy_vdh, Nov 14, 6:18am
sarah, its a lifestyle change, yes you will lose the weight on optifast but if you don't change your lifestyle then ultimately nothing really changes.

I have been on optifast for about 18 months I always have a shake for breakfastoccasionally I replace lunch but not every day sometimes not even once in a month.
My way of thinking, right from the beginning was that I wasn't going to be on optifast for the rest of my life, so I needed to change my eating habits With the help of a dietitian and optifast I have learnt what I can eat and what foods I put weight on from. Every one is different and different foods will effect each of us differently. eg I eat very little in the way of carbohydrates now, because if I do then up goes my weight. I'm not saying I never have for example a slice of bread. I just don't have it very often
I have lost 46 kilos over this time. I still have treats, I still go out to dinner but they are not every day things and I choose more wisely now.

Good luck with your journey

dorothy_vdh, Nov 16, 6:23pm
just bumping us, but whiskey are you ok? I haven't seen you in here for a while now

whiskey13, Nov 17, 12:20am
Hi dorothy. No I'm not ok. I'm starting to lose focus. I do really well one week and then it all falls apart the next week. I'm really good eating wise during the day and i throw a shake or bar in my bag for tea at work(plus a piece of fruit or home made muffin for smoko)and i get home at midnite absolutely starving. I have a tall glass of water as soon as i get home and wait half an hour, but it's no good. I found a packet of girl guide bikkies the other day and ate to whole thing. ( no wonder I'm not losing it like the rest of you, 100-200gms per week is all i can manage)I've been on here to read how everyone is doing but i haven't been able to bring myself to post anything(until now)Am thinking of giving celebrity slim a go. Has a lot more variety of favours and is cheaper.

cookessentials, Nov 17, 1:41am
Hey whiskey, you have been an inspiration, don't lose focus now. You CAn do this. How about saving your shake to have just before you leave work or have it when you get home so you are not so hungry? Make yourself a BIG salad to munch on at work along with your other bits for smoko and keep the shake for later in the evening so you dont get those cravings after midnight. I have just got week two under my belt with a 1. 8kg loss, so 6. 2 all together for the two weeks. I guess it starts toslow a little from now?

fourz, Nov 17, 2:43am
Whiskey I can so relate to what you are saying although mine is not becasue of work. I had lost focus big time putting on 3 kilos in 2 weeks! ! ! ! what a wake up call. So today I went back on optifast for 2 meals a day and dinner at night with the family. Mine is due to boredom, having finished work and not having alot to do around the house there is only so much housework that I will do! ! ! Ive done the gardens and am so over being home! ! ! But next year I am going to study so I should enjoy this time at home! ! ! . Today I went back on Optifast and upped the walking going from a 35 min brisk walk to a 50 min walk man I was shattered afterwards but feel good for it now.
Its so hard to stay focused but I do not want to go back to where I have come from and so I need to make some realistic changes. So I have set myself some small goals and will work toward those. One learning how to resist food that is not doing me any favours! ! ! . I know through perseverance this will pay off but sometimes it becomes so hard. I sampled the celeberity slim last week the chocolate mint milkshake is to die for lol. But because I get optifast at a good price I will stick to that for now. Just thought I will get some mint essence when I go shopping, and add a drop or two to the optifast. Hubby is starting the Optifast programme that I am on in January so I have to hang in there for him as well as for me.

dorothy_vdh, Nov 17, 4:05am
whiskey, you have been a rock for me when I needed it, you gave me excellent advise and the kick up the bum I needed at the timeLOL. Shall I do the same for you? ? ? ?

A loss is a loss no matter how small, you know that and you know how far you have come . You also know how hard it is to lose weight.
It sounds to me like you are not in the right head space at the moment. Maybe take a break from optifast. Is it hormonal? ? ? ?
I have had a break(well except for breakfast), just make some other healthy choices.

I have been up and down as well, last week was an excellent week for me, but since Saturday I have put on500grams.

Chin up you know you can do this. Think back to when you first started this journey and where you are now. how many dress sizes have you dropped, how much better you feel in yourself and the next reward you are going to buy yourself

whiskey13, Nov 17, 11:19am
Hi guys. Just in from work and i just want to say a very big thank-you to cookessentials, fourz, and of course dorothy. Cookessentials i may take your advice and have a shake when i get home and change from having one in the morning to having one just before i leave for work. It is very hard working afternoon shift with the body clock thing. I don't like going to bed hungry but i cant go to bed on a full tummy either. I usually get up between 9am and 10am and take the dog for a walk(45-60mins) so as soon as i get home i'll have brekkie. Then between 1-2pm I'll have a piece of fruit or easiyo yoghurt. Then have a shake or bar before leaving for work at 3. 15pm. First smoko is 6pm(muffin or fruit). Tea at 8. 30pm(veges or salad). Last smoko at 10. 45pm(but i usually don't have anything then). Once i get home at midnite i can have another shake. Does this sound like a plan to you! I'll see how i go for a week or two. Once again thank-you for being there for me. Hugs to you all.

dorothy_vdh, Nov 17, 6:40pm
whiskey just another thought I had, you had mentioned something about the others having good losses, remember that most of them have just started on optifast, so of course they are going to have a bigger loss than you and me.

And if this makes you feel better, I had spag bol for dinner last night(so I knew I would put weight on) since Saturday I have put on a kilo. Dam and blast some of it may be hormonal but I am going to do 2 meals of optifast again. Kick start everything

cookessentials, Nov 17, 6:45pm
Hi Whiskey, it may be woorth trying and I amm with dorothy on this - I am a "newbie" so I am in the same position you were in when you started. I think shift work is probably one of the worst things in getting your body clock in sync. The other thing you could do is to stick to a maintenance regime for a couple of weeks, then go back to the regualt programme which MAY just shock your body into losing again.

crails, Nov 17, 7:51pm
Keep going Whiskey it's reading your and Dorothy posts that got me started on this journey, believe in yourself like we do

nhill1, Nov 18, 12:07am
Hey guys, just want to encourage everyone to keep pressing on! We all fail at times but that shouldn't stop us from picking up the pieces and running the race again!

I've had a 500g gain this week so I'm in the same boat as some of you. Because of this, I'm back on the intensive phase.

I think it would be good to remind ourselves as to why we want to loose weight. For me, its because we won't to try for another baby and my body needs to be at a healthy weight again. My body just couldn't cope with pregnancy the first time round!