Anyone on optifast

Page 1 / 162
dorothy_vdh, Sep 8, 7:43pm
x1
morning ladies,

once again, I will harp back to what the dietician told me, fruit is ok on optifast. I have had 2 pieces every single day since I first started optifast. But, like I have said previously I didn't live hard and fast to the "rules".
I always incorporated normal foods in my everyday diet.
The other thing the dietician was concerned about with just having opti was that I wouldn't be getting enough vitamins. I take a vitamin supplement each day now.

Today was another good reading day from my scales.long may it continue.
I think being more active now is also helping

mrsrickp, Sep 8, 7:53pm
Having a giggle about the scales. Back when I was on Reductil I actually got a permanent marker pen and drew around the scales on the bathroom floor...much to MrRickP's horror but it was the only way I could ensure an accurate reading everyday! I did however, make sure that when I drew around it that it was in a "favourable" position!! Had a day or two of cravings and gave in to those cravings but now 100% back on track. Just 2 opti's for me this week, I did 3 last week. Radius had $15 off purchases yesterday so I mad sure I got my moneys worth by getting 2 boxes of choc shakes and a box of choc bars lol!!! Have a great day everyone, I am hoping that the weather holds off till tonight so I can pop my shoes on and walk to MrRicks work. I'm not into walking in the rain, I might melt lol. Over and out for now!

read-a-holic, Sep 8, 8:07pm
ok after playing around with the friggin floor, I decided to take the reading off the area that I remember weighing on for the majority of this journey....its weird, I wonder if a new battery would help??

Anyway I still cannot see it sliding off maybe a little bit from all over but I cannot see the amount that the scales show, maybe I will in 10kgs time since I had such a lot to loose.Anyway even the worst reading today is still a very very good result of 4.3kgs = 16.8kgs in total now.My coat is real loose I noticed when it rained the other daylol.

Dorothy I hoped you would mention the fruit cos I read that its not good on the strict opti plan but like you I have adapted mine to 2 optis and a normal lowish carb family meal and its working so I dont want to get too pedantic about it.I am just pleased the boss decided to buy fruit and leave it in the staffroom for us all to snack on, really nice gesture I thought.Might have to brave the kiwifruit there (dont like kiwifruit much)...cannot wait for it to drop off that "spare tyre" before your waist but below your bust, that is the hardest part about weigh gain is that problem area very hard to disguise!!Thank you all for your support, last week was a toughie, had a flat day where felt a bit disillusioned but wouldnt allow myself to fall off the wagon just carried on thinking this must be normal

Have a great day everyone

gardie, Sep 9, 3:09am
16.8 - ka mau te wehi!(Awesome)Welldone.

read-a-holic, Sep 9, 3:52am
its not been easy though!!my friends are having delectable sweet treats and I have water or vegeshaha

I hope the next 10kgs make it more obvious to me, other people comment but I am the one in disbelief as I guess you can never really see it on yourself til you hit a certain amount.

Having a night at home tonight (its a coro nighthehe) so no gym for me, will do my 20mins on the treadmill before bed though

dorothy_vdh, Sep 9, 4:42am
I'm not sure after being big for so long that you ever believe it.
I'm still shocked when I see a reflection of myself and disbelieve its me.
I have to say that this happened to me today and I'm being honest here thought to myself you don't look half bad.

Going back to work is really boosting my self esteem, customers that I haven't seen in a while have noticed a difference in me, and are paying me compliments. Sometimes that's all you need to get through a day.

On the down side of working in a cafe the owners keep offering me tit bits to try,so far I have been very restrained, long may that last.

I hope everyone has had a great day

gardie, Sep 9, 5:41am
Oh Dorothy - that is wonderful.I'm hoping that after 49 years, I too will be surprised every time I look in the mirror.I find even now after my 10kg loss, that i enjoy looking at my trim(mer) tum!

I have not found sweet treats a problem - I think because the shakes are sweet.I may have the inner out of a sausage roll, of the bacon and egg bit of a b&e pie, but I don't miss the sweet stuff.I've even managed to bake and haven't even tried it.Chocolate is a bit downfall for me and thanks to Optifast, I still get my chocolate fix - has been my saving grace, I'm sure.

The other thing I tried readaholic, is to mimic the actions of the slimmer and fittest person in the room. - They are so NOT obsessed with the food table - oh to be like that for ever!

cookessentials, Nov 2, 11:17pm
first day yesterday - down 600grams this morning ( not that I will weigh myself every day lol) I have a strawberry shake for brekkie, a cappuccino bar at lunch and a chokky milkshake at dinner. I will add in a soup i think ( the vege is the nicest apparently) drinking the water no problems ( i do however have one coffee first thing in the morning with a little milk) I find the chokky shake is a bit powdery tasting whereas the strawb is yummy - I always put ice into the blender along with the water and powder)

smf, Nov 3, 7:59pm
Just wonder where is the best place online to buy the product from, i did see it somewhere in this thread a couple of months ago, but cant remember now?

Seeing the diabeties nurse next wednesday to sort my insulin out, then i'm going to starting on Optifast.

Though our local chemist sells a box of 21 shakes for $90, so i wont be buying it through them.

fourz, Nov 3, 9:15pm
smf ask your diabeties nurse if they have an Adult Weight Mangemant clinic attached to the diabetic clinic. We have one here in the Waikato and I having been going to that for 12 weeks and its great. We did optifast for 6 weeks then slowly got reintroduced to real food so now we are all on full food using the optifast as a tool if we need to. We get to purchase the optifast at a reduced rate, get full medical backing for 2 years. I am not diabetic but was able to get on the course because I have a heart problem. Good luck

dorothy_vdh, Nov 4, 4:03am
smf, thats way too expensive. I buy from radius pharmacy on line and pay between $50 and $60 per box of choc shakes depending on whether they have a special deal going

nhill1, Nov 4, 6:32am
Yeah, I buy online too from Radius. Currently a box of 21 shakes is $49. You can get it from the warehouse pharmacy for $55 I think.

Meant to note that I have lost 800g this week. Can't recall if I have mentioned it. So thats 6. 4kg's in 4 weeks and dropped a 1 dress size too :) 15kg's to go.

cookessentials, Nov 4, 5:39pm
Well done nhill. Have just finished day three and down 2kg's - feeling fine -looking forward to dropping that dress size!

cookessentials, Nov 4, 5:43pm
I DO have one coffee each morning ( with a dash of milk) apart from that, I have a sachet in the morning, a bar at lunch ( I love the capuccino) and a sachet when I get home at night, then I prepare Brian's dinner ( I find it better to have a full tummy while cooking) when I serve his dinner, that is when I have my vege - last night I had quick stir-fried veg ( carrot, green beans, onion, brocolli and mushrooms) with a little tamari - it was very tasty.

dorothy_vdh, Nov 4, 6:34pm
well done everyone with your own success stories.

I am very pleased with myself, refocusing after just plodding along for a few weeks I lost 1. 7 kilos this week so that now takes me past the 45 kilo mark.
The goal I had set myself to reach by Christmas now seems reachable

cookessentials, Nov 4, 7:59pm
Well done Dorothy - I get mine from Radius online as well. Just ordered the vege soup, the capuccino bars and shake, the strawberry shake ( which I love) and the chokky/fruit bars. i like to have a variety, then no room for boredom I guess LOL

crails, Nov 4, 10:25pm
I'm going to join you, I'm off to the Warehouse later today to buy my first pack, I'm really quite excited

thatbluedog, Nov 6, 8:23pm
Hi Dorothy, just wanted to say I was inspired by your posts several weeks ago and started on Optifast. You seemed to take such a practical approach. You made me believe it was possible and it really is working. I feel more energetic, happy and more in control of my choices now. Thanks :)

bigwheel, Nov 7, 1:27am
Bumping this is great thread thanks

dorothy_vdh, Nov 7, 7:34am
Thanks bluedog, i'm not quite sure what to say. But if I have inspired you then thats fantastic
For me it was, and is a lifestyle change, so nothing is really taboo, if I want something "naughty" its about moderation.
I too have much more energy , self confidence, and enjoy life a whole lot more as well

I have had my ups and downs but I guess that to is to be expected. I'm really pleased with myself and will reach my goals, my Christmas goal is only 3 kilos away now, if I lose more then thats great
Clothes shopping is a great thrill now, not depressing like it used to be, but the most exciting and don't laugh at this is to be able to buy (blushes) sexyishknickers and not granny bloomers.

thatbluedog, Nov 7, 6:07pm
Definately understand that. Im saving the underwear shopping for a treat when Ive got to my first goal weight. Hopefully before Christmas, but Im not going to mind if it takes a little longer.

Yes, Im thinking moderation is the key. I always tried to diet so strictly in the past and if I ate something bad I gave up. But this time ate chinese takeaways for a birthday the other day and then straight back being good. Have lost lots of inches this week and feel like I won lotto, well maybe not the big prize, but definately a minor win.

You have done so well with your weight loss. You must be feeling amazing. Hope this weeks a good one for you :)

cookessentials, Nov 8, 6:40am
Will have been on it a full week on Tuesday, so far 3 kg's down and feeling good. Make sure I have a good variety of the options including the vege.

crails, Nov 8, 9:25pm
Started on Optifast this morning with a chocolate shake and have had my first 500ml of water, i'm not hungry but do want to nibble how have you broken the nibbling habit?

thatbluedog, Nov 9, 5:53am
Distraction works for me. Have started doing a lot more gardening and going on Farmville. Sometimes I have something small like a rice cracker or a couple of strawberries. Ive only been doing Optifast for three weeks but wanting to nibble gets easier. I think Im just getting out of the habit:) . Has made me realise how much I nibbled before.

janeygirl, Nov 9, 6:27am
not sure if this has been posted yet but you can also get optifast from this website http://www.thedeal.co.nz/OptifastMilkshakeVanillaorChocolate
21X40g. aspx? prod=44613&cid=3855&rcid=42 and you can combine the shipping for same shipping price.