Pepper steak pie

obsidianwings, Apr 14, 10:46pm
I've tried googling but haven't really come up with anything that great looking, so who has a delicious pepper steak pie recipe? Hoping to put on my meal plan to have in a couple of weeks :)

korbo, Apr 15, 4:48am
ohhhhh. just love pepper steak pies, buy mine from a bakery here, only shop that makes them nice.
I think they just put lots of fresh ground pepper, and always on top

jessie981, Apr 15, 5:13am
Yum my fav. Love to come for tea when you find a recipe! I'd use steak recipe &add heaps of pepper(as if in a casserole)

obsidianwings, Apr 17, 9:41pm
Thanks, I was thinking about just trying a steak pie with just lots of pepper on top, and I will do if I don't find a recipe, however i've never made a gravy style pie before, so I was hoping someone would have a great tried and true recipe for me :P

Also, on a slightly unrelated note (I just figure theres no point making a new thread) I am going to try making a ham and cheese quiche soon, I have the prerolled shortcrust pastry, do I just use one sheet of it? I only ask as it seems rather thin. Please noone tell me to make the pastry fronm scratch as I tryed this last time and it went horribly horribly wrong!

jessie981, Apr 18, 2:14am
One sheet is fine otherwise it could end up with too much pastry base.