Your best chocolate or chocolate chip muffin

jjt4lma, Apr 14, 2:03am
recipe please. All muffins I make are all stodgy and I want a nice fluffy yummy chocolate muffin or chocolate chip muffin recipe.
Ta

deus701, Apr 14, 4:48am
maybe its how you make it. Muffins need around 3-4 strokes for the ingredients to just combined. Its ok if you see dry flour and other bits and pieces.

jessie981, Apr 14, 5:12am
Chocolate Caramel Muffins

1&3/4c flour, 1tsp b/soda, 1c sugar, 1/4c cocoa. Melt 100gr butter. Remove from heat & whisk in 1 egg, 1c milk & tsp vanilla essence. Add to dry ingredients. Mix gently. Spoon 1/2 of mixture into muffin tins. Add heaped tsp (or more) of caramel condensed milk & put remaiing mixture on top. Bake 15 mins @ 220. Makes 12.
Don't worry if youdon't seem to have enough mixture for top as mixture rises over the top.

nzl99, Apr 14, 5:13am
I just made Red Velvet Cake in muffin sizes... beautiful!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2121751&id=1225939081&l=9bc2d9afab

(if you click on each photo, it tells you the ingreds and process)

marcs, Apr 14, 10:56am
Alison Holsts chocolate muffins. I make this at my school canteen and it is very popular. The trick is not to over mix it. Mix till just combined and cook in 220deg fan forced oven.

1 1/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 c castor sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
Sift all of above in a bowl, then add
1/4 - 1/2 cup choc chips

100g butter melted (or weigh out 100g of oil if you like)
1 egg
1 c yoghurt
1/2 cup milk
1/2 tsp vanilla

Mix all wet ingredients together than add to dry ingredient and mix till only just combined. Put into muffin tin (medium) and bake for 10 - 12 mins. If doing mini muffins then bake for 8 - 10 mins. Once out of the oven you can put a choc button on top for decoration if you like.

kuaka, Apr 15, 4:16am
Double chocolate muffins

1 1/4 cups flour
1/4 cup cocoa
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup brown sugar
100gm butter
2 eggs
1/4 cup milk
1 cup chocolate chips

Sift flour, cocoa and baking powder into bowl, stir in brown sugar.Melt butter.Beat eggs and milk together.Make a well in the centre of dry ingredients, add butter, egg and milk and choc chips.Mix to just moisten.

Makes 12.

Recipe doesn't say how long to cook for or what temp, but I usually do them on about 150 - 160 deg C until they look cooked!They are absolutely melt in the mouth delish.

You can also omit the choc chips and use 3/4 cup of chopped glace cherries instead - but I haven't tried that.

jessie981, Apr 15, 4:32am
Looks interesting. What do you use for the Velvet colour & look?

cookessentials, Apr 15, 4:35am
I do a nice triple choc muffin, will search it out when i get home.

nzl99, Apr 15, 4:51am
If you click on each photo, it has the process and ingreds. :-)This time I used red food colouring... the Queen brand as it doesn't alter the flavour at all... and cocoa.But you can use beets for the deep burgandy too.

jessie981, Apr 14, 5:12am
Chocolate Caramel Muffins

1&3/4c flour, 1tsp b/soda, 1c sugar, 1/4c cocoa. Melt 100gr butter. Remove from heat & whisk in 1 egg, 1c milk & tsp vanilla essence. Add to dry ingredients. Mix gently. Spoon 1/2 of mixture into muffin tins. Add heaped tsp (or more) of caramel condensed milk & put remaiing mixture on top. Bake 15 mins @ 220. Makes 12.
Don't worry if youdon't seem to have enough mixture for top as mixture rises over the top.

nzl99, Apr 14, 5:13am
I just made Red Velvet Cake in muffin sizes. beautiful!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php!aid=2121751&id=1225939081&l=9bc2d9afab

(if you click on each photo, it tells you the ingreds and process)

bev00, Apr 14, 1:16pm
Courtesy of Winnie15 -
Double Chocolate Muffins
1 3/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup castor sugar or normal
1/4 cup cocoa

100 grms butter
1 egg
1 cup of yoghurt (plain or any flavour that will go with choc)
1/2 cup milk
1/2 tsp vanilla

sift dry ingredients together

melt butter and add other ingredients

add this mixture to dry ingredients and fold together

spoon into greased muffin pans and sprinkle with chocolate chips

Bake at 200C for 10-12 minutes

Edited by winnie15 at 2:34 pm, Mon 4 Apr

Quotewinnie15 (355 )2:32 pm, Mon 4 Apr

jessie981, Apr 14, 8:30pm
#9 upwards are last year!

kuaka, Apr 15, 4:16am
Double chocolate muffins

1 1/4 cups flour
1/4 cup cocoa
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup brown sugar
100gm butter
2 eggs
1/4 cup milk
1 cup chocolate chips

Sift flour, cocoa and baking powder into bowl, stir in brown sugar.Melt butter.Beat eggs and milk together.Make a well in the centre of dry ingredients, add butter, egg and milk and choc chips.Mix to just moisten.

Makes 12.

Recipe doesn't say how long to cook for or what temp, but I usually do them on about 150 - 160 deg C until they look cooked!They are absolutely melt in the mouth delish.

You can also omit the choc chips and use 3/4 cup of chopped glace cherries instead - but I haven't tried that.

jessie981, Apr 15, 4:32am
Looks interesting. What do you use for the Velvet colour & look!

nzl99, Apr 15, 4:51am
If you click on each photo, it has the process and ingreds. :-)This time I used red food colouring. the Queen brand as it doesn't alter the flavour at all. and cocoa.But you can use beets for the deep burgandy too.

guest, Jan 11, 10:09am
A piece of eroidtiun unlike any other!

guest, Jan 13, 1:50pm
amyme25LOVE this! I just came back from the conference and ataculy participated in this call to action. I have already posted this to my facebook page. Do you also have a link to the full song because that was also great. The guy has a great voice with such a strong message and it gave me chills listening to him in person. Please let me know where I can go to hear the entire song. Thanks!

guest, Jan 14, 9:59am
commnmacYour Move, the incredible song perrofmed by powerhouse Adam McKnight can be downloaded now from NMAC's website. The cost is only $1.25 and $.25 will go to the National Minority AIDS Council, which sponsors USCA annually. I hope you will be joining us next year, in Chicago, IL, from November 10-13.