Deep fried Easter eggs anyone?

vintagekitty, Apr 12, 11:58pm

vintagekitty, Apr 12, 11:58pm
actually, the pic looks really nice!

bedazzledjewels, Apr 13, 12:01am
I see he deep-fried Christmas mince tarts too. Lol!

sue1955, Apr 13, 12:02am
Do the English not know that we do a deep fried Moro/Mars bar here?

obsidianwings, Apr 13, 12:08am
Not a fan of the original creme eggs, but this would be great with some of the other flavours, I love deepfried snickers for a treat, very sickly though.

daleaway, Apr 13, 12:59am
Don't think New Zealand invented fried confectionery.
The Scots invented the deep-fried Mars Bar (and deep-fried pizza).
One of Nigella's earlier TV programmes showed how to deep fry Bounty bars.
Fried ice cream was a 1950s and 60s novelty which some Chinese restaurants still offer.
I don't eat fried food, but a deep-fried Bounty bar sounded really nice!

cookessentials, Apr 13, 1:23am
That's a Scottish invention

jbsouthland, Apr 13, 2:10am
My mum and her partner did the deep fried Cadbury creme eggs years ago in their NelsonTipahi St Takeaway Shop...madelocal newspapers and further a field ones...mum said must have been a quiet Easter...lol.She also deep fried Christmas cake as wanted to continue the themeat xmas...sounds horrible really but novel idea and they certainly got sales.Shes actually a very Healthy Eater herself....a Vegetarian now ...well fish eating.

rosathemad, Apr 13, 7:19am
That makes her a pescetarian. :-)

I would definitely try deep fried creme egg - I do quite like deep fried ice-cream from time to time (Denny's do it though theirs is a bit much even for me!).

litedelites, Apr 14, 1:01am
Hmmmm, it does like nice, but I would have to do too much excerise after eating this :(
Heard about it on the radio last night for the first time
Is any takeaway actually doing this??
T

jbsouthland, Apr 14, 1:43am
Thanks I knew that but not the spelling....lol.Too many night shifts this fortnight!