Your best pad thai recipe

gerry64, Apr 12, 11:16pm
I have tried several recipes off the net but none of them have been quite right-anyone have a favourite recipe?

cookessentials, Apr 12, 11:56pm
Have you tried the Rick Stein recipe#1?

bearskin, Apr 13, 12:56am
Agree with 'cookessentials' - Rick stein definitely knows his stuff - his recent show (was it Orient odyssey?) was right on the money. And he doesn't mind his chilli!! For Pad Thai I think there are a few essentials, which even if you then just resort to a jar of paste as the base, and you should be somewhere close. I like to have the egg made as a one-egg omelette then sliced into fine strips, and I do think that the final garnish addition of a few slices of "salad" even if it's just cucumber/tomato etc makes a big difference. Apart from that you should have lime, chopped peanuts (final topping), sugar (important I think - palm sugar even better), fish sauce and of course noodles and beansprouts.
Apart from that you can chuck allsorts in!! I have used banana flower, green beans, spring onions etc in the past And I do like to put a lot of Coriander leaf in it too.

gerry64, Apr 13, 1:03am
thank you both - if I have the same sucess with this recipe david as I have had with the fried rice recipe you gave me I will be very pleased
will find the Rick Stein one as well cheers cookessentials