Any quick fix to get labels of jars

pats3, Apr 10, 7:37am
Is there any easy way to get labels of jars? Thanks

cottagerose, Apr 10, 7:42am
soak in water and dish dergergent then use solvet to get the sticky glue off

macandrosie, Apr 10, 7:54am
soak in hot water to soften top layer, if you can't remove the gluey substance try nail polish remover!

carriebradshaw, Apr 10, 7:57am
Soak in water and then use eucalyptus oil to get the sticky residue off.

uli, Apr 10, 8:02am
Really depends on the labels. Some are for made for the tropics and are very very sticky - others are just using cheap bone glue and come off easy. I soak them in warm water and then scrape them off with a knife.

duckmoon, Apr 10, 8:13am
I soak in hot soapy water... and then use a goldilocks and elbowgrease...

if you are using commerical jam jars - different brand use different glues...
Pams has been the hardest for me to get off
Barkers eazy-peezy

kinna54, Apr 10, 8:26am
Blow them with a hot hair dryer. works.

sue1955, Apr 10, 8:27am
De-Solv-it Sticky Spot & Stain Remover. Supermarkets or Mitre 10 etc sell it.

pickles7, Apr 10, 8:48am
I stand by a Dove liquid hand soap. I am not going to go look for the bottle at the mo. We are not properly unpacked from moving.. I cleaned off some small labels tonight and used Eucalyptus oil, a little expensive to clean 30 wine bottles though, with Eucalyptus oil. Dove and a Goldilocks, works a treat.

snipz, Apr 10, 6:09pm
A hint I heard from Shannon Lush.Fill the jar with boiling water, what a moment and then the label will peel off.Some may leave a little sticky glue but I use nail polish remover to clean it off. It definitely worked for me.

lilyfield, Apr 11, 3:19am
De-Solv-it Sticky Spot & Stain Remover.very expensive
soak- goldilocks and chemico works well

bearcub44, Apr 11, 5:28am
Fill the jar with boiling water, leave a couple of minutes then pull the label off.If there is any glue left I squirt it with WD40 and then wash with detergent.

leebee35, Apr 11, 7:45am
De-Solv-it. Natural Citrus base - sticky spots and stains remover.
It is not expensive - you pay for what you get.It's like magic... gone for good without any marks.Great investment as the bottle goes a long way + they do have a 125ml bottle.

nfh1, Apr 11, 7:49am
Yes it really is an excellent product - lasts for ages as well.

pats3, Apr 30, 12:52am
I started this post and I see someone else is asking.

I did soak mine in hot water for a while and then used the De-Solv-it (which I had but had forgotten about - lol). Labels removed very easily.