Great recipes from the back of packets, cans etc

Page 1 / 4
jmin, Apr 6, 8:29am
Just made the recipe from the back of the tin of Campbells Pumpkin soup...Thai pumpkin and Chicken curry...added cooked cubes of potato...really nice!

jmin, Apr 9, 4:16am
Reminds self not to ever try recipes on the back of cans and packets!!

elliehen, Apr 9, 4:23am
Don't be hard on yourself.Everyone tries one of those once in a while - some work, some don't :)

speckle77, Apr 9, 5:30am
I like the brownie with white choc recipe from the back of the standard flour.

olwen, Apr 9, 5:36am
We always used the reciped from the sure to rise tin for scones.

spotswood, Apr 10, 5:27am
I always use the hummus recipe on the back of delmaine's chickpea can.It's alot cheaper than the bought ones and it makes more as well!

sjordan, Apr 10, 5:28am
the chocolate rough slice one on the Pams condesend milk

uli, Apr 10, 5:57am
"Great recipes from the back of packets, cans etc"
Slight oxymoron there ... :)

korbo, Apr 10, 8:41am
what was the reason jmin ?????

kelz03, Apr 10, 8:47am
Campbells Real Stock in the cardboard cartons, great stirfry recipes.

elliehen, Apr 10, 10:10am
Between Wednesday 6 and Saturday 9, no one came in to add a comment, and as it was only jmin's second ever post in Recipes, she might have done some looking about in the intervening time and taken fright at the packet-bashers who post from time to time ;)

Just a guess...

lizab, Apr 10, 9:00pm
there's a very good chocolate raspberry cake recipe (Chocoholic cake it's called) on one of the butter packets, might be Anchor.

kay141, Apr 10, 9:32pm
Judging by the nasty comments posted in various threads on here, I'm beginning to think there is something in the articles I have read about restricted diets affecting brains.

cookessentials, Apr 10, 9:52pm
what brains?

kay141, Apr 10, 10:25pm
Surely they have brains or at least did. Maybe they just don't work too well now.

cookessentials, Apr 10, 10:45pm
with some comments, it makes one wonder at times.

buzzy110, Apr 10, 11:50pm
I wonder who the nasty ones in here actually are? All the venom being posted seems to be coming from this small band of posters plus ellihen of course.

buzzy110, Apr 10, 11:53pm
jmin I use recipes from the backs of packets. For some reason I cut off and saved in my file a Healtheries recipe for mixed grain bread and I'm so glad I did because the next week they had changed the packaging and removed the recipe. It is tops. So remember to save any good recipes because they keep changing them.

cookessentials, Apr 10, 11:57pm
like a bee to honey ( excuse the pun) makes a change from the usual posters I guess. Holier than thou for effect...just gorgeous.

elliehen, Apr 11, 12:18am
You're preaching to the converted - minus one notorious packet-basher.Very pleased that you've seen the light and recognise that there's more than one way to cooking heaven ;)

kay141, Apr 11, 12:19am
I never mentioned you so why the comments? Though it seems every time I post, you seem to take offence.

cookessentials, Apr 11, 12:57am
kay, I wouldnt even get into a discussion with this poster...its an invitation for the ranting to begin.

buzzy110, Apr 11, 12:59am
Umm. I think if you double check that I don't bother much with you. I answer questions that people ask and you come along and make negative remarks about what I post. In this thread I saw a number of people talking to themselves in a very nasty, bullying manner and pointed it out just so that you would understand just who the nasty ones really are.

Actually I have no problems with recipes from packets. I actually have to use some packet and processed goods on occasion - gelatine, milk, butter, yoghurt, flours, sugar, tinned fish, tinned tomatoes, eggs, cat food, chocolate, cocoa, dessicated coconut, etc and sometimes they have worthwhile recipes on them, like the Healtheries Gluten Flour product I mentioned.

On the other hand it is probably quite correct to say that great recipes from the backs of packets is an oxymoron because the base food is not very healthy.

And before you all get upset, every Saturday (except this week) even the Herald agrees with those of us who think that processed foods are not healthful and has a big article every week just to explain why.

elliehen, Apr 11, 1:04am
One small post from jmin; one giant leap into assuming that people are advocating processed foods!

kay141, Apr 11, 1:32am
Buzzy110 has often told us what a super intelligent family she has and how hot she looks in her underwear, but somewhere along the line she seems to have lost her manners. I never saw any bullying apart from her and one other. I think I'm considerably older than buzzy110 and I use packets and tins quite often with no ill effects.. Sometimes all my meal comes from a tin or packet especially if I am short of time. As for the recipes on them, they are like the Food in a Minute ones, very speedy if not economical but great once in a while. They can also give you ideas of different ways to use things.