Savoury Loaf

kay141, Apr 5, 8:02pm
I have a shared lunch next week and judging by the comments, sweets will predominate. I would a recipe for something like a Date Loaf but with cheese, ham, capsicum in it. I don't want ayeast bread. I need to be able to make it in advance or at least the day before and cart it on a bus. I can slice and butter it when I get there but would prefer not to have to reheat. Hope someone can help

lx4000, Apr 5, 8:09pm
Cheese Muffins/Puffs
2 eggs
water
1 C Grated Cheese
1 C veggies (I use corn, onion, caps with tomato on top)
pinch Salt
2 C Flour
3 tspn BP
1/4 - 1/2 tspn Cayenne Pepper if wished
Break eggs into 1 measuring Cupthen fill with water to make 1 cup, then add another 1 C water. Mix.
Add veggies and cheese then mix.
Stir in salt, flour, cayenne pepper, BP until just mixed.
Spoon into muffin tins.
20 mins approx at 180.

kay141, Apr 5, 8:23pm
Thanks lx4000 but I really would prefer a loaf and not muffins.

lx4000, Apr 5, 8:25pm
Pam's Pumpkin Loaves (makes two)
Ingredients:
3 cups of castor sugar
1 cup salad/sunflower oil
4 eggs, lightly beaten
3 & 1/2 cups plain flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
2/3 cup water
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp allspice
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground cloves
(tsp of spices do not need to be level - up to you, but I like spicy.)
500g pumpkin,cooked and mashed
(cut pumpkin into big chunks-leave the skin on and put into a microwave proof dish with a little water and cover with gladwrap-leave a loose corner for steam to escape. Cook for 8-9 minutes-just be careful removing the wrap-its hot!! When it is cool enough to handle, slice the skin off with a sharp paring knife).
Method:
Cream sugar and oil with electric mixer in LARGE bowl, add eggs and pumpkin,mix well. Sift dry ingredients and add alternately with the water. Grease and flour your loaf tins. When you fill them, they will be close to the top of the tin. Using a cup to get mixture into tins -gets them even. Bake at 175c for 1 & 1/2 hours. Let them stand 10 minutes before turning out. NOTE:These will rise VERY high in the tin, so don't panic. I test mine with a skewer in the middle because they sometimes need a little extra time. They freeze beautifully and they keep moist for ages too. Anyone who does not like pumpkin-just tell them it is a spice loaf- I can bet they will love it..

Quotemarcs (52 )2:36 pm, Mon 4 Oct #11

lx4000, Apr 5, 8:31pm
You could do a platter of different fruits, cheeses, meat and crackers, vegetables, dips also.

purplegoanna, Apr 5, 10:08pm

lx4000, Apr 5, 10:22pm
Make the Cheese Muffins/Puffs and adjust the time you cook it.

kay141, Apr 6, 8:02pm
I have a shared lunch next week and judging by the comments, sweets will predominate. I would a recipe for something like a Date Loaf but with cheese, ham, capsicum in it. I don't want ayeast bread. I need to be able to make it in advance or at least the day before and cart it on a bus. I can slice and butter it when I get there but would prefer not to have to reheat. Hope someone can help

lx4000, Apr 6, 8:25pm
Pam's Pumpkin Loaves (makes two)
Ingredients:
3 cups of castor sugar
1 cup salad/sunflower oil
4 eggs, lightly beaten
3 & 1/2 cups plain flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
2/3 cup water
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp allspice
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground cloves
(tsp of spices do not need to be level - up to you, but I like spicy.)
500g pumpkin,cooked and mashed
(cut pumpkin into big chunks-leave the skin on and put into a microwave proof dish with a little water and cover with gladwrap-leave a loose corner for steam to escape. Cook for 8-9 minutes-just be careful removing the wrap-its hot! When it is cool enough to handle, slice the skin off with a sharp paring knife).
Method:
Cream sugar and oil with electric mixer in LARGE bowl, add eggs and pumpkin,mix well. Sift dry ingredients and add alternately with the water. Grease and flour your loaf tins. When you fill them, they will be close to the top of the tin. Using a cup to get mixture into tins -gets them even. Bake at 175c for 1 & 1/2 hours. Let them stand 10 minutes before turning out. NOTE:These will rise VERY high in the tin, so don't panic. I test mine with a skewer in the middle because they sometimes need a little extra time. They freeze beautifully and they keep moist for ages too. Anyone who does not like pumpkin-just tell them it is a spice loaf- I can bet they will love it.

Quotemarcs (52 )2:36 pm, Mon 4 Oct #11

purplegoanna, Apr 6, 10:08pm