Free Masterchef Cookbook

dbab, Apr 4, 4:49am
If you spend over $80 at Stevens at Mt Maunganui, you get the cookbook for free.
I guess it's the same everywhere.
LOL - it wasn't hard spending $80!!!

jia5, Apr 4, 4:55am
Wouldn't it be cheaper to just buy the book?

accroul, Apr 4, 4:56am
I bought my masterchef cookbook for $5 in the Whitcolls megasale.

tipsy_bl0nde, Apr 4, 6:58am
i tried different whitcoulls to get the $5 special toobut their sold out EVERYWHERE :( bummer just going to have to borrow mother inlaws

lizab, Apr 4, 7:04am
just get it from the library and photocopy/scan any recipes you think you might make. That's what I do ;)

ursula4, Apr 5, 12:13am
thats copyright infringement and wouldnt be posting that on here

uli, Apr 5, 12:23am
Why would you buy a cookbook for - when you can have all the recipes online - and most likely only find 5 or 10 you want to cook anyway?

lizab, Apr 5, 12:30am
surely if it's at the library it's in the public domain. It's just the same as writing down a recipe from a book, don't see the problem.

dbab, Apr 5, 4:49am
If you spend over $80 at Stevens at Mt Maunganui, you get the cookbook for free.
I guess it's the same at Stevens stores everywhere.
LOL - it wasn't hard spending $80!

jia5, Apr 5, 4:55am
Wouldn't it be cheaper to just buy the book!

dbab, Apr 5, 5:26am
I was buying something at Stevens anyway.

lizab, Apr 5, 7:04am
just get it from the library and photocopy/scan any recipes you think you might make. That's what I do ;)

uli, Apr 6, 12:23am
Why would you buy a cookbook for - when you can have all the recipes online - and most likely only find 5 or 10 you want to cook anyway!

edited to add link:

http://tvnz.co.nz/masterchefnz-season-two-recipes/4015337

lizab, Apr 6, 12:30am
surely if it's at the library it's in the public domain. It's just the same as writing down a recipe from a book, don't see the problem.

owl32, Apr 7, 3:12am
Thats what I think too. Its quite silly to assume people won't do that.Honestly.

elliehen, Apr 7, 3:38am
Am not quite up-to-date with copyright law, but you can copy a certain percentage of a book for your own non-commercial purposes without infringing copyright - not more than 10%, I think.

It's the copying of an entire book which is an issue of concern to authors, who are then denied their rightful income.

owl32, Apr 8, 3:12am
Thats what I think too. Its quite silly to assume people won't do that.Honestly.

elliehen, Apr 8, 3:38am
Am not quite up-to-date with copyright law, but you can copy a certain percentage of a book for your own non-commercial purposes without infringing copyright - not more than 10%, I think.

It's the copying of an entire book which is an issue of concern to authors, who are then denied their rightful income.

http://www.experts123.com/q/what-are-the-laws-regarding-copyright-and-photocopying.html