Ok need help with Chocolate Moulds

bellyatobhs, Apr 3, 10:49pm
So I am trialing making easter eggs and need some tricks on getting good results and how do you get them out of the plastic moulds without breaking them? do you layer up the chocolate in stages? help I am getting sick of eating all the breakages!

kiwitrish, Apr 3, 11:04pm
I polish the mould first with a dry cloth. (this gives the shine)then layer the choc in stages.I put into the fridge until set then do anomore stages, about three or four depending how thick you like your egg.To remove egg, when you take it out of the fridge you should see where the choc is coming away from the mould.It will look cloudy.Tap mould and egg half should come out easy.Always polish mould before doing more eggs.Stick together with melted choc, but do not have it too hot as it will melt egg.I put a lotto ticket in some of the eggs for adults with a few hand mafe chocs, and fill the kids ones with mini eggs.Decorate egg as desired ie names and flowers.

bellyatobhs, Apr 3, 11:09pm
thank you for that I thought taht may be the case to layer it also what type of chocolate do you use? I am using a mixture of compound and cadburys

kiwitrish, Apr 4, 12:11am
I use compound but any choc will do.It all depends on your taste.Happy Easter egg making.

bedazzledjewels, Apr 4, 12:12am
Do you have to temper the chocolate first please?
Love the lotto ticket inside!

deus701, Apr 4, 12:20am
Yes, your moulds must be really clean. Also be aware of putting it in the fridge due to condensation/moisture which can prevent it forming properly. And you don't need to temper compound chocs, just melt it & use it.

matt4bex, Apr 4, 2:18am
I answered you in parenting but I always put them in the freezer not fridge.
It makes them shiny and I've never had any problems getting them out of the mold.

rosathemad, Apr 4, 6:38am
If you use Cadbury eating chocolate (i.e. from the confectionary aisle as opposed to the baking aisle) you will need to temper as it contains cocoa butter. The presence of cocoa butter is what makes tempering necessary. :-)

bellyatobhs, Apr 4, 10:49pm
So I am trialing making easter eggs and need some tricks on getting good results and how do you get them out of the plastic moulds without breaking them! do you layer up the chocolate in stages! help I am getting sick of eating all the breakages!

bellyatobhs, Apr 4, 11:09pm
thank you for that I thought taht may be the case to layer it also what type of chocolate do you use! I am using a mixture of compound and cadburys

bedazzledjewels, Apr 5, 12:12am
Do you have to temper the chocolate first please!
Love the lotto ticket inside!

deus701, Apr 5, 12:20am
Yes, your moulds must be really clean. Also be aware of putting it in the fridge due to condensation/moisture which can prevent it forming properly. And you don't need to temper compound chocs, just melt it & use it.

matt4bex, Apr 5, 2:18am
I answered you in parenting but I always put them in the freezer not fridge.
It makes them shiny and I've never had any problems getting them out of the mold.