Making Grape Jam or Jelly - Help please

rojill, Apr 3, 2:19am
For the second year in a row I have failed miserably to make grape Jam or Grape Jelly.

It will just not set.

This year I used Aunt Daisys recipe, just putting whole bunches in the pan, leaving stalks on and followed instructions precisely regarding sugar and times.

Last year, from a different recipe, we used the resultant very fluid "jam" by drizzling over deserts.

This year it is even more fluid and I think the only use for it would be as a concentrate for drinking after watering down. Bit likeBarkers Blackcurrant.

What am I not doing or doing wrong ?

The taste though is divine !

jessie981, Apr 3, 2:23am
check out Google - hints on making grape jam

harrislucinda, Apr 3, 4:04am
my1isoutofaoldbook6lbsgrapes41/2lbssugarjuiceof2lemons
washgrapespick offstemsputinpanwithhalfsugarover lowheatstiruntil sugarmeltedwhenboilingaddremaining sugarslowboil for2hrsadd1tlbspbuttertomakeseedsriseskimoffthetop

jag5, Apr 3, 4:43am
Have you boiled it long enough?Reboil and reduce it down...it will set.Add a packet of Kings jam setting mix if you wish.

pickles7, Apr 3, 5:58am
Have you made this recipe. I would not do that to my preserving pan. Once burned they tend to always burn.

rojill, Apr 4, 2:19am
For the second year in a row I have failed miserably to make grape Jam or Grape Jelly.

It will just not set.

This year I used Aunt Daisys recipe, just putting whole bunches in the pan, leaving stalks on and followed instructions precisely regarding sugar and times.

Last year, from a different recipe, we used the resultant very fluid "jam" by drizzling over deserts.

This year it is even more fluid and I think the only use for it would be as a concentrate for drinking after watering down. Bit likeBarkers Blackcurrant.

What am I not doing or doing wrong !

The taste though is divine !

jag5, Apr 4, 4:43am
Have you boiled it long enough!Reboil and reduce it down.it will set.Add a packet of Kings jam setting mix if you wish.