Marble caramel chocolate cake

darkestangel1, Mar 31, 6:44am
x1
If you have a recipe for this I would appreciate it if you wish to share it.

245sam, Mar 31, 8:53am
Alison Holst's CARAMEL CHOCOLATE CAKE
“This attractively marbled cake is made from an economical, quickly made, stir-in-a-pot mixture” - Alison.

125g butter
¾ cup sugar
2 household tbsp golden syrup
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 cups flour
½ tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
½ cup milk
2 tbsp cocoa
1 tbsp milk

In a medium-sized pot melt the butter.Add the sugar and golden syrup and stand over a very low heat until golden syrup has mixed with sugar and butter.Stir, but do not boil.Cool pot in cold water and add the eggs and vanilla.Beat with a fork to mix.Sift the flour, baking soda and baking powder into mixture in pot.Pour in the milk, then mix thoroughly with a fork to blend the flour and milk with the rest.The batter should be thinner than a normal butter cake mixture, just thin enough to pour.Pour half the mixture into a square 20cm or round 23cm tin with the bottom lined with baking paper, and the sides lightly buttered or sprayed.
To the remaining mixture add the cocoa and second measure of milk, and stir to mix.Pour this layer carefully and evenly over the caramel one.
Bake at180°Cfor45 minutes until a skewer poked in the middle comes out clean.
When cold, ice with Chocolate Icing.:-))

allie12, Apr 2, 12:09am
has anyone got a recipe for this

leebee35, Mar 31, 9:00am
With pouring the second mixture over the top of the caramel.does the end result look marbled! Or is it just two layers!

pheebs1, Mar 31, 10:57am
use a skewer to swirl the two ever so slightly together a bit like the old harlequin cake
ive seen recipes where you make a plain butter cake split the mix put a little cocoa mixed with a little water into half the mix so one half is choc and one half is plain
and then put them into the tin side by side then use a skewer to swirl them a little to get the marbled effect

you could make the one half that is not plain any flavour couldnt you! caramel, choc, spices etc

245sam, Mar 31, 11:18am
leebee35, I remember that when I made that recipe a good few years ago mine turned out just like the picture I had seen before making it i.e. marbled, not layered, just as the name of the cake implies.Admittedly it is not the way I would normally mix the two (or three) mixtures for a marbled cake (or cheesecake) but that recipe is supposed to be a quick and easy one, hence the simplified method used. I usually use do as pheebs1 advisedi.e. "ive seen recipes where you make a plain butter cake split the mix put a little cocoa mixed with a little water into half the mix so one half is choc and one half is plain and then put them into the tin side by side then use a skewer to swirl them a little to get the marbled effect":-))

ambr, Mar 31, 7:52pm
x1
This has been my recipe for over 30years, been a family favourite.
CARAMELMARBLE CAKE
250grms butter
2 eggs
2tblsp golden syrup
450grms flour
vanilla and salt to taste
350grms sugar
2 cups milk
½ tblsp baking powder
½ tblsp of baking soda
Cream butter and sugar, add eggs, syrup then flour and baking powder.Mix soda with warmed milk then add.
Put 2/3rds mixture in tin.To rest add 1 heaped tblsp of cocoa, mix then add to the tin crossing with a knife to give a marbled effect.
Bake at 180 till done(approx 1hr)

dotty23, Apr 3, 9:58am
Made this cake yesterday. yum!It looks fantastic once cut - some pieces reminded me of a spotty brown/white cow!Thanks for recipe!

245sam, Apr 3, 11:13am
You're most welcome dotty23 - I'm pleased you liked the recipe and enjoyed the cake too.:-))