Greek Yoghurt - what to do with it?

babytears, Mar 30, 8:42am
I have a large container of greek yoghurt about to expire soon, has anyone got some nice recipes for using it up?

nitronz, Mar 30, 8:45am
freeze it

beaker59, Mar 30, 9:04am
add lemon juice and some fresh chopped mint for a nice salad dressing. Or I sometimes add sweet thai chiili sauce for some salads.

fifie, Mar 30, 9:38am
Make Annabels yoghurt cheese easy to do. Mix 4 cups greek yoghurt to 1 tsp salt, pour it into a bowl lined with cheese cloth or a damp clean chux cloth
leave on the bench overnight (if its cool in kitchen.) or in fridge
Next day tip the cheese into another bowl, discard whey, chop up a little rosemary very fine and some chives finely, andthyme or basil finely,
mix all together and put in fridge,.Use with salads, on cracker biscuits, as sour cream, or even mix some through mashed potatoes late in the year.....( Smaller quantities use 500gr tub yoghurt and only 1/2 teasp salt and i place my sieve on top of basin then damp gauze cloth in it then tip the yoghurt in that leave on bench over night for whey to drip out).

kinna54, Mar 30, 10:51am
make evorotoruas cake. awesome!! Also can be used in sauces, thickening currys, in dips etc.

babytears, Mar 30, 6:22pm
Awesome, thanks all!

greerg, Mar 31, 6:03am
Make Cookessential's lemon yoghurt cake.It freezes perfectly and is an excellent never-fail one.

babytears, Mar 31, 6:32am
Yip will definately do that... my mission for tomorrow... thanks!

babytears, Mar 31, 8:42am
I have a large container of greek yoghurt about to expire soon, has anyone got some nice recipes for using it up!

fifie, Mar 31, 9:38am
Make Annabels yoghurt cheese easy to do. Mix 4 cups greek yoghurt to 1 tsp salt, pour it into a bowl lined with cheese cloth or a damp clean chux cloth
leave on the bench overnight (if its cool in kitchen.) or in fridge
Next day tip the cheese into another bowl, discard whey, chop up a little rosemary very fine and some chives finely, andthyme or basil finely,
mix all together and put in fridge,.Use with salads, on cracker biscuits, as sour cream, or even mix some through mashed potatoes late in the year.( Smaller quantities use 500gr tub yoghurt and only 1/2 teasp salt and i place my sieve on top of basin then damp gauze cloth in it then tip the yoghurt in that leave on bench over night for whey to drip out).

kinna54, Mar 31, 10:51am
make evorotoruas cake. awesome! Also can be used in sauces, thickening currys, in dips etc.

uli, Apr 1, 12:40am
Get a spoon and eat it!

gerry64, Apr 1, 12:54am
coat pork chops with it then breadcrumb them - moist tender chops everytime

babytears, Apr 1, 3:02am
I asked for recipes though

uli, Apr 1, 4:48am
Ok - then go to the garden and harvest autumns bounty and make some nice dessert with some roasted figs and apples, maybe a pear or two, some grapes and the greek yoghurt over the top of it all. Serve with freshly roasted chestnuts.

In fact - that is nearly dinner by itself ...

ant_sonja, Apr 1, 5:40am
Greek yogurt is nice if you mix lots of fresh chopped herbs into it, a little garlic and season it with salt & pepper - yum just eaten like that or to accompany fresh or roast veggies & cooked meats/fish or with new or baked potato. You can also use it instead of butter on a nice slice of bread - I like to put sprouts and tomato with it :-)

greerg, Apr 1, 6:03am
Make Cookessential's lemon yoghurt cake.It freezes perfectly and is an excellent never-fail one.

babytears, Apr 1, 6:32am
Yip will definately do that. my mission for tomorrow. thanks!

babytears, Apr 1, 7:45am
OH MY GOSH... Cooksessentials lemon yoghurt cake is devine! Just on my 2nd piece - it's just too good!

Thanks Uli and ant_sonja for your ideas :)

herika, Apr 2, 5:32am
Mix with whipped cream and some raspberry jam and use as a topping - yum

uli, Apr 2, 5:48am
Ok - then go to the garden and harvest autumns bounty and make some nice dessert with some roasted figs and apples, maybe a pear or two, some grapes and the greek yoghurt over the top of it all. Serve with freshly roasted chestnuts.

In fact - that is nearly dinner by itself .

babytears, Apr 2, 8:45am
OH MY GOSH. Cooksessentials lemon yoghurt cake is devine! Just on my 2nd piece - it's just too good!

Thanks Uli and ant_sonja for your ideas :)

sarahw2, Apr 2, 9:25am
Send it down to meeeee!!

sarahw2, Apr 3, 10:25am
Send it down to meeeee!