Orange cake

ant_sonja, Mar 30, 12:29am
I'm not really a cake person but this is yum & easy to make plus it keeps really well in your fridge - the ingredients can easily be doubled too to make one large cake - needs another 10 - 15 min in the oven is all. Nice served chilled with thick greek yogurt on the side.

Orange Cake

1 whole orange – pulped, including the skin (scrub well first)
125gr butter – melted
1 cup raw sugar
1 TBSP golden syrup
2 eggs
1 big TBSP unsweetened thick Greek yogurt
1 ½ cups of flour
1.5 TSP baking powder

Mix together orange, sugar, syrup butter, eggs and yogurt. Fold in flour & baking powder and bake in a greased cake dish @ 180 for 35 -40 min

indy95, Mar 30, 12:55am
That sounds like a really good easy cake to put together, ant_sonja, and being a "good keeper" is a bonus too. Thanks for posting the recipe.

ant_sonja, Mar 30, 1:12am
You're welcome indy95 - I was thinking of adding some crushed pistachio nuts to it next time or possibly a pistachio/honey 'topping' of sorts as I think that could work quite well.

indy95, Mar 30, 1:22am
Well, the only way to find out is to try it and then come back and let everyone know how it worked out. I think part of the appeal of citrus cakes is the slightly bitter flavour but a honey pistachio topping sounds intriguing and it will certainly be interesting to hear about the result.