Pasta makers - any advice?

sjc72, Mar 29, 12:16am
I was considering about buying one of these, but am not sure of where to start and what pitfalls there are. It seems from looking on here you can get a machine that sort of does everything (a bit like breadmaker), which sounds good. Or the cheaper ones that just roll and cut the pastry. People's experience/advice most appreciated.

falcon-hell, Mar 29, 12:21am
my sister has one that does everything and she loves it,its made of plastic though,so could get brittle after a time perhaps,i have a italian one,but am ashamed to say i haven't used it-yet,its metal,its not one that does everything though.

popelka1, Mar 29, 6:56pm
I just bought one with my flybuys points and can't wait to use it, the brand from flybuys (IMPERIA) is readily available on TM and so are some of the various attachments like the raviolli maker, though the machine itself already has an inbuilt spaghetti and tagliatelli function so a beginner can make those to start with at least.
The one I got looks great and can't wait to use it later today, going to have a go at something tonight for dinner. I've seen raviolli "trays" on TM from the IMPERIA brand that come with their own roller so will eventually get one of those and go raviolli nuts! lol.
I'm enjoying the idea of spending a morning making various loads of raviolli, spaghetti and the like and stocking the freezer up with them for quick and easy meals, makes it one less thing to buy at the supermarket too, if I only need to buy flour (we have our own chooks so the eggs are sorted!) and can make it for cheaper and in bigger quantities I'm in!.

sjc72, Mar 30, 12:39am
I would be keen to hear how it goes. The Raviolli appeals to me - my kids love raviolli and tortilini so I thought I could put whatever I wanted them to eat in the filling. I have quite a few Flybuys pts, so will have a look.

cookessentials, Mar 31, 1:43am
Both the Im peria or the Marcato Atlas are two of the best available. Dont waste your time with anything else.

greerg, Mar 31, 5:56am
I agree - my Imperia gets a lot of use and is quite old now and is good as new.