JO SEAGAR LIGHT CHEESE PUFF RECIPIE

lottah, Mar 27, 2:59am
x5
I was just watching Heartland and an old show of Jo's was on that had a light Cheese Puff Recipie. I can't find it anywhere. Has any one got it. I can remember it had 3 cups grated cheese in it and you put the oven on to 250 and when you put the puffs in the oven you turned it off for them to cook.

elliehen, Mar 27, 3:35am
x1
JO SEAGAR'S CHEESE PUFFS

2 cups flour
3 cups cheese ( grated tasty)
2 eggs
3/4 cup milk
4 tsp baking powder

Mix with spatula and put in 12 mounds on greased tray or baking paper.Put into 250*C and then TURN OFF for ten minutes.

elliehen, Mar 27, 3:38am
x2
HOT TIP:If you don't have tasty cheese, use Edam or Mild and sift a pinch (1/4 tsp) of cayenne pepper with the flour.

chooky, Mar 27, 8:20am
Sunday nite in our house is get what you want. Saw this recipe so decided to make them for tea. Made a double batch, read temp, thought I would put my fan oven onto 200. Put 1st batch in and timed for 10mins, didnt take in that you turn oven off for 10 mins. Anyway cooked both batches that way and they were yum, none left and theres only 4 in the family. Only use Edam cheese so used the cayenne peper.

jessie981, Mar 27, 9:02am
How long when first put in till 'turn off' pse elliehen?

elliehen, Mar 27, 9:44am
Immediately, but there's obviously room for experiment with a fan oven judging by chooky's testimony above :)

wak, Mar 27, 10:06am
nice with curry powder and some chopped bacon too...

lx4000, Mar 27, 7:56pm
Cheese Muffins/Puffs
2 eggs
water
1 C Grated Cheese
1 C veggies (I use corn onion with tomato on top)
pinch Salt
2 C Flour
3 tspn BP
1/4 - 1/2 tspn Cayenne Pepper if wished
Break eggs into 1 measuring Cupthen fill with water to make 1 cup, then add another 1 C water. Mix.
Add veggies and cheese then mix.
Stir in salt, flour, cayenne pepper, BP until just mixed.
Spoon into muffin tins.
20 mins approx at 180.

lottah, Mar 27, 9:33pm
Thankyou so muchElliehen!!!!!!

chooky, Mar 27, 9:35pm
Thanks lx4000 they sound nice too, will give them ago next weekend.

lcscott, Mar 27, 10:14pm
why can you people not spell recipe right ??

calista, Mar 27, 11:40pm
x4
This amuses me as the correct grammar for this question should be, "Why can you people not spell recipe correctly?"

However I can understand what is being said and (usually) don't bother correcting other people's posts.Heaven knows when I am in a hurry I make enough mistakes myself.I would hate this board to turn into a place where we were more concerned with spelling and grammar than helping each other or sharing favourite recipes or where people didn't post for fear someone would come along and correct them.

lottah, Mar 28, 2:59am
I was just watching Heartland and an old show of Jo's was on that had a light Cheese Puff Recipie. I can't find it anywhere. Has any one got it. I can remember it had 3 cups grated cheese in it and you put the oven on to 250 and when you put the puffs in the oven you turned it off for them to cook.

elliehen, Mar 28, 3:35am
JO SEAGAR'S CHEESE PUFFS

2 cups flour
3 cups cheese ( grated tasty)
2 eggs
3/4 cup milk
4 tsp baking powder

Mix with spatula and put in 12 mounds on greased tray or baking paper.Put into 250*C and then TURN OFF for ten minutes.

elliehen, Mar 28, 3:38am
HOT TIP:If you don't have tasty cheese, use Edam or Mild and sift a pinch (1/4 tsp) of cayenne pepper with the flour.

jessie981, Mar 28, 9:02am
How long when first put in till 'turn off' pse elliehen!

elliehen, Mar 28, 9:44am
Immediately, but there's obviously room for experiment with a fan oven judging by chooky's testimony above :)

wak, Mar 28, 10:06am
nice with curry powder and some chopped bacon too.

lottah, Mar 28, 9:33pm
Thankyou so muchElliehen!

lcscott, Mar 28, 10:14pm
why can you people not spell recipe right !

calista, Mar 28, 11:40pm
This amuses me as the correct grammar for this question should be, "Why can you people not spell recipe correctly!"

However I can understand what is being said and (usually) don't bother correcting other people's posts.Heaven knows when I am in a hurry I make enough mistakes myself.I would hate this board to turn into a place where we were more concerned with spelling and grammar than helping each other or sharing favourite recipes or where people didn't post for fear someone would come along and correct them.