Peanut sauce recipe

ashwinis, Feb 16, 8:55am
u can use an easy one with crunchy peanut butter,thai red curry paste, coconut milk and abc brand kecap manis or sweet soy sauce. heat 2 Tbsp oil add some curry past abt 1/2 tsp. then add the other ingredients, and simmer till the oil starts to separate out from the mix. u will need about 1/2 can of coconut milk or cream, abt 2 spoon of the abc sweet soy / kecap manis. and about 1/2 btl of the peanut butter. will taste nicer with some kaffir lime leaves shredded and added in.

sunshine78, Feb 16, 9:34am
Edmonds has a delish one page 156 from memory

tasja, Mar 26, 11:52pm
Could anyone share an easy peanut sauce recipe please ?
And ideas to put on meat kebabs ?
Thanks

kaddiew, Mar 27, 12:03am
The easiest one I know of is just to mix equal (or to taste) quantities of sour cream or plain yoghurt, with peanut butter.It's quite thick so you could thin it down I guess if you wanted it more runny. Probably not for the purists, but quick and easy!

bikernutrr, Mar 27, 12:04am
Put 2 Tablespoons oil in small pot with 2 teaspoons curry powder and fry a little on medium heat. Next add 1 cup milk, 2 Tablespoons soy sauce and 1 Tabelspoon brown sugar and bring to simmer stirring occasionally. Next add 1/2 to 3/4 cup cruncy peanut butter and simmer stirring constantly with wooden spoon until sauce thickens. Can add kaffir lime leave if you wish or coriander leaves. Serve.

kaddiew, Mar 27, 12:12am
Must try that one myself, thanks. Could you get away with less oil?

kinna54, Mar 27, 1:50am
Try this Alison Holst recipe: it's yummy as a marinade or dipping sauce.

Indonesian Dipping Sauce

2 cloves garlic chopped
2 tsp grated root ginger
2 TBSP dark soya sauce
2 TBSP Lemon juice
1 TBSP oil
3-4 drops hot pepper sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 TBSP peanut butter
1/4 cup water

Combine ingredients in small pan and heat, (or microwave in a pyrex jug,) stirring until smooth and thickened.
Sauce can be diluted with extra water if it is too thick.

bikernutrr, Mar 27, 4:02am
As long as curry powder can be mixed and fried a little the oil amount can be reduced.

tasja, Mar 27, 5:18am
wow that was nice and easy sauce, thanks bikernutrr

jimbob37, Mar 27, 5:34am
the very easy one that I use is a tablespoon of peanut butter, 2 tbsp milk, 1 tsp soy sauce.combine, cook in microwave for 30 seconds.Thin with more milk if you like.Very easy and very tasty.

tasja, Mar 27, 11:52pm
Could anyone share an easy peanut sauce recipe please !
And ideas to put on meat kebabs !
Thanks

kaddiew, Mar 28, 12:03am
The easiest one I know of is just to mix equal (or to taste) quantities of sour cream or plain yoghurt, with peanut butter.It's quite thick so you could thin it down I guess if you wanted it more runny. Probably not for the purists, but quick and easy!

kaddiew, Mar 28, 12:12am
Must try that one myself, thanks. Could you get away with less oil!

kinna54, Mar 28, 1:50am
Try this Alison Holst recipe: it's yummy as a marinade or dipping sauce.

Indonesian Dipping Sauce

2 cloves garlic chopped
2 tsp grated root ginger
2 TBSP dark soya sauce
2 TBSP Lemon juice
1 TBSP oil
3-4 drops hot pepper sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 TBSP peanut butter
1/4 cup water

Combine ingredients in small pan and heat, (or microwave in a pyrex jug,) stirring until smooth and thickened.
Sauce can be diluted with extra water if it is too thick.