Are eggs still ok to use if they float or sink?

aglaranna1, Mar 26, 10:32pm
I can never remember......

pickles7, Mar 26, 10:33pm
if they sink, they are fine.
"floaters" are bloaters.

aglaranna1, Mar 26, 10:34pm
Cool thanks for that rhyme, might help me to remember!

nik12, Mar 26, 11:57pm
If your not too sure how old your eggs are, even if they sink I'd be careful. Found a nest of our chooks eggs - took out the floaters, but still had a few surprises on cracking lol.
Crack them into a cup before you put them in whatever your doing :-)

gbking, Mar 27, 12:56am
eggs eggs eggs....
If not sure you ought-ter, then place it in water. If it lies on its side, then it's fresh; eat with pride. ..... After three or four days, at an angle it lays. But, it still is a treat, so go on and eat. ..... Ten days, stands on end, in your baking 'twill blend. 'Cause it's definitely edible, in your baking, incredible. ..... But, if it floats on the surface, that egg serves no purpose. 'Cause a floater's a stinker! Out the back door best fling 'er!

elliehen, Mar 27, 3:47am
Love it!Just had to do a quick edit and put it into its verse form ;)

52many, Mar 27, 5:56am
Thats awesome!!! Was just explaining this to our 9yos....He has Aspergers and just loves your wee poem!!! Now I have to print it so he can write it......thank you! Now he's memorised it...... gawd, you no that's all we are going to hear around here for the next month....sigh! But thank you! He was quite concerned at my attempt to explain. If it sinks, its good, if it floats its off...although it was straight forward and to the point.....he still had questions. ie, what happens in the inbetween?

aglaranna1, Mar 27, 10:32pm
I can never remember.

nik12, Mar 27, 11:57pm
If your not too sure how old your eggs are, even if they sink I'd be careful. Found a nest of our chooks eggs - took out the floaters, but still had a few surprises on cracking lol.
Crack them into a cup before you put them in whatever your doing :-)

gbking, Mar 28, 12:56am
eggs eggs eggs.
If not sure you ought-ter, then place it in water. If it lies on its side, then it's fresh; eat with pride. . After three or four days, at an angle it lays. But, it still is a treat, so go on and eat. . Ten days, stands on end, in your baking 'twill blend. 'Cause it's definitely edible, in your baking, incredible. . But, if it floats on the surface, that egg serves no purpose. 'Cause a floater's a stinker! Out the back door best fling 'er!

52many, Mar 28, 5:56am
Thats awesome! Was just explaining this to our 9yos.He has Aspergers and just loves your wee poem! Now I have to print it so he can write it.thank you! Now he's memorised it. gawd, you no that's all we are going to hear around here for the next month.sigh! But thank you! He was quite concerned at my attempt to explain. If it sinks, its good, if it floats its off.although it was straight forward and to the point.he still had questions. ie, what happens in the inbetween!