How do i make caramel sauce?

myfriendrock, Mar 26, 2:04am
anyone know?

rosathemad, Mar 26, 2:25am
What for? Just for over a dessert? The sauce I make for my sticky date puddings is yummy, very rich and caramelly, runny when hot but thickens up when cool. Not sure how it keeps if you want to keep it for a while, though, as it never lasts long around here!

The recipe is at the bottom of this post: http://www.mrscake.co.nz/2010/06/sticky-date-pudding.html

jenniferanne, Mar 26, 3:00am
I just warm some cream and add moro/mars bar

lindylambchops1, Mar 26, 3:37am
OMG!That sounds naughty but nice!

rosathemad, Mar 26, 7:04am
Oooh yum! I must try the mars bar trick. :-)

juliewn, Mar 28, 10:07am
Place a cup of cream and brown sugar to your taste in a microwave proof bowl/jug. Zap one minute, stir, then zap till as hot as you want. Stir and enjoy..

petal1955, Mar 29, 1:47am
BUTERSCOTCH SAUCE(RECIPE FROM THE BACK OF THEGOLDEN SYRUP TINS)

3 HEAPED TABLESPOONS BROWN SUGAR

1 TABLESPOON GOLDEN SYRUP

1 TABLESPOON WATER

1 LEVEL TABLESPOON BUTTER

PLACE ALL INGREDIENTS IN A SAUCEPAN, HEAT TILL NEARLY BOILING, THEN STIR IN 2 LEVEL DESSERTSPOONS ARROWROOT OR CORNFLOUR BLENDED WITH 2 TABLESPOONS OF WATER.STIR UNTIL BOILING AND SIMMER FOR 2-3 MINUTES.ADD 1/2 TO 1 TEASPOON VANILLA OR LEMON ESSENCE TO FLAVOUR.SERVE HOT OR COLD.

CARAMEL SAUCE

MELT 1 LEVEL TABLESPOON BUTTER IN A SAUCEPAN THEN ADD 2 HEAPED TABLESPOONS BROWN SUGAR. 1 DESSERTSPOON GOLDEN SYRUP, 2 TABLESPOONS SWEETENED CONDENSED MILK.STIR OVER HEAT UNTIL MIXTURE IS THICK AND RICH CARAMEL COLOUR, AND LEAVES THE SIDES OF THE SAUCEPAN.REMOVE FROM HEAT AND ADD 4 TABLESPOONS OF HOT WATER, A LITTLE AT A TIME.RETURN TO HEAT AND SIMMER FOR 2-3 MINUTES UNTIL SMOOTH.ALLOW TO COOL.IF A THIN CARAMEL SAUCE IS DESIRED ADD 2 TABLESPOONS MILK OR WATER.

myfriendrock, Mar 29, 7:03am
Thank you all, will have to try these!

cookessentials, Mar 29, 7:10am
Post three on the sauces and gravies thread that I havebumped up for you.