Choc pudding - can I use peaches?

mankey, Mar 26, 1:27am
Saw nigella do a choc sponge with pears on the bottom of it.I am making my normal chocolate self saucing pud for tonight but wondered how it would be if I put well drained peaches at the bottom of the dish, covered with the pudding and then the sauce mix.Do you think it would work?

molly37, Mar 26, 2:09am
I'm doing a choc self saucing pud to feed the tribe tonight to. I cant see why you couldnt add tinned peaches. Great idea. might try it myself.

rosathemad, Mar 26, 2:11am
That would work just fine - personally I'd prefer pears with a chocolate pud but only from a taste perspective, I think I had too many tinned peaches growing up and now avoid them like the plague! ;-)

myfriendrock, Mar 26, 2:15am
Yes! I'm sure it would taste lovely!

geldof, Mar 26, 2:45am
would be fine.use the juice to make the sauce part.

I usually use pears.

kuaka, Mar 26, 3:09am
or apricots, or pineapple.Pineapple is good with a plain sponge rather than chocolate.

elliehen, Mar 26, 3:52am
Sounds a good idea, but I'd go with the pears too.Pears and chocolate complement each other.

terraalba, Mar 26, 4:35am
Yes pears and chocolate do go well together. Caramel and butterscotch would be nice with peaches.

mankey, Mar 27, 1:27am
Saw nigella do a choc sponge with pears on the bottom of it.I am making my normal chocolate self saucing pud for tonight but wondered how it would be if I put well drained peaches at the bottom of the dish, covered with the pudding and then the sauce mix.Do you think it would work!

molly37, Mar 27, 2:09am
I'm doing a choc self saucing pud to feed the tribe tonight to. I cant see why you couldnt add tinned peaches. Great idea. might try it myself.

rosathemad, Mar 27, 2:11am
That would work just fine - personally I'd prefer pears with a chocolate pud but only from a taste perspective, I think I had too many tinned peaches growing up and now avoid them like the plague! ;-)

elliehen, Mar 27, 3:52am
Sounds a good idea, but I'd go with the pears too.Pears and chocolate complement each other.