how do you cook your pork chops??

sylviasmother1, Jan 5, 2:46am
looking for different ideas ta

maxwell.inc, Jan 5, 2:57am
They are a rarity, as we only buy cruelty free, so when we have them I like them done simply, crisped up with some apple butter and vegies on the side :o)

cgvl, Jan 5, 3:13am
I grill mine but have a spice mix which I rub on.
Cinnamon, cloves, ginger, nutmeg and salt.
Serve with apple sauce.

You could marinate them in a spicy aplle sauce or plum sauce like those bit on the side ones from watties.

Another marinade is: 1Tbsp oil, 1Tbsp Brown sugar, 2Tbsps of each of following: orange juice, sherry, soy sauce. 1tsp salt. Then 2-3 cloves crushed garlic, ¼tsp ground ginger

bams1, Jan 5, 4:06am
i put mine in a roasting dish , cover with sliced onion , then with sliced apple , then a squirt of soy sauce on each chop , cover with foil and cook slowly , always tender and melt in your mouth and they make their own gravy/sauce

cuddles3, Jan 5, 4:12am
I just cook mine in the oven with some Masterfoods Herb and Garlic Salt seasoning on top.

teddy147, Jan 5, 4:19am
I cook mine, drizzled with honey, and cracked pepper and grill. very yummy. and of course apple sauce to go with it.

beaker59, Jan 5, 4:57am
I do the same as Bams though I use worstershire sauce very nice way to do pork chops and for lamb same although use tomato slices instead of apple. Also have sliced garlic on both those.

anglia, Jan 5, 5:55am
do you cook them on a grill or on a lower heat? I never seem to get that part right. .

mvo, Jan 5, 6:05am
Caraway Pork Chops
• 2 large onions, thinly sliced
• 3 apples, peeled & thin sliced
• 2 tablespoons honey
• 2 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
• 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
• ½ teaspoon garlic salt
• 4 large pork chops
• Freshly ground black pepper

1. Preheat oven to 180 deg C - aerobake
2. Mix honey, mustards and a little oil or butter in a microwave-safe container and warm through.
3. Add the caraway seeds, garlic salt and pepper to taste.
4. Layer onions and apples in the bottom of a roasting dish.
5. Place chops on apples.
6. Drizzle honey mixture on top of the chops.
7. Turn and use the rest of the mixture on the other side of the chops.
8. Cover and bake 50-60 minutes.
9. Lightly grill for 10 minutes after that to brown them up a bit. . .

amazing_grace, Jan 5, 6:58am
I do mine the way my mother did, put pork chops into an oven dish, cover with milk. Bake about 1hr. The edges above the milk (I try to make sure the fat is above) goes crispy, everything else is meltingly soft. Drain off the milk, then serve. (throw out the milk, it will have separated etc)

janeny1, Jan 5, 12:56pm
Pork chops in gingerale
4-5 large pork chops, 2 large onions, sliced, 60g butter,
sprinkle brown sugar, 1 T tomato puree, 1 T flour,
300ml gingerale, salt and pepper.
Preheat oven to 160C. Saute onions in a pan in the butter until golden brown, remove and place in ovenproof casserole dish, Brown the pork chops well on both sides in the remaining butter. Place on top of the onions. Sprinkle over a little brown sugar,
Mix the flour and tomato puree in a small jug and add the gingerale . Pour over the chops and season with salt and pepper. Bake at 160C for one hour or until chops are tender.

cgvl, Jan 6, 12:31am
I have a separate grill in my oven so cook them under that, it has 3 levels so depending on the thickness depends on which level I use, no hard and fast rule, although I sometimes take them off the bone as that seems to be the bit that takes longest to cook.
I also bake them in oven if doing roast vegies.
Can also do on BBQ.

maycey, Jan 6, 1:25am
Usually in the oven or the ezycooker clone. Rub the skin/fat with salt and oil then spinkle a little lemon pepper and soy sauce on the meat part, do that on both sides.

Other way I do is coat in some greggs smokey bbq sauce and cook in the ovenon a rack or cook it in the sauce in the slow cooker.

The other day I marinated some chops in nandos peri peri marinade in put that in the oven on a rack. That was pretty nice too.

trickytash, Jul 11, 5:49pm
cut through the rind at about 1cm intervals and pan fry them in a little drop of oil. . . delicious with plain old salt and pepper! yummmoooo